+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 235 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

I really didnt think numbers in the previous cohorts would keep creeping up, but i am being proved wrong. Just over 133k to the million and that could be broken Wednesday all going well.

99.6% (99.5) of older adults care home residents, 90% staff.
    93% of all adults care home residents, 78% (77) staff.
    95% (94) of over 80s in the community.
    67% (64) of 75-79s in the community.
    29% (24) of 70-74s in the community.

With normal Flu vaccination uptake around 75%, as long as the weather has been kind enough, i think we will see past that in the 75-79s, and 70-74s is over a third of the way there. I also noted that younger people in the shielding category are being vaccinated just now as well.

I expect from next week, the pace for first doses will slow down as second dose vaccinations are to ramp up from next week.

Good to see how this is now all positive posts on here!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Good to see how this is now all positive posts on here!
    Saw in the Courier that despite the weather, people were still making the effort to get to The Caird Hall for their jabs, which caused a problem with the late ones clashing with the early ones. Credit to the vaccinators as more were called in and i hope everyone got sorted out!

We have to be realistic with this and expect a few bumps in the road, but the light is shining bright just now!

If we keep going like this surely we can get the tiers back in place for the start of march eh

If we keep going like this surely we can get the tiers back in place for the start of march eh
    March is too early for me as with just under 3 weeks to then, we are still just below a 7 day average of 900 infections a day, although that is 200 down from the previous weekend. I would actually hope, for purely selfish reasons, that Nic calms her desire to get kids back to school early by a couple of weeks because of the prevalence of the virus.

I do believe that the JCVI are looking at how to vaccinate the majority of us once everyone over 50 is dealt with, and they look to be considering Teaching staff, Emergency Services, shop workers and other essential workers all dealt with first, and while i think they should be sorted out sooner, i still think that is acceptable.

No chance OA regretfully and even if it is the back for then, then it will be Tier 3 or even the normal ‘non enhanced’ Tier 4 as opposed to the super Tier 4 we’re in currently. There’s a Scottish Election in May. There is absolutely no danger they will risk further COVID waves politically before then by lifting restrictions too soon.

Early May is a good bet for easing of restrictions. Things should be looking brighter by then, solid figures maybe, and the election is on the 6th May. Landslide and who's to say they don't deserve it?

An Iranian cleric has said that the vaccine makes you gay.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1805771/offbeat

How are you this morning big boy xxx?.When we get to tier two pop up and see me in the Bedsit.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 09-02-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I watched something on the telly that you are describing mate but it was people with warrants out for their arrest that were snared.
    Yeah, that sounds about right.
    I'm sure they wouldn't do that with the vaccine...(would they) 😁

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    An Iranian cleric has said that the vaccine makes you gay.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1805771/offbeat

How are you this morning big boy xxx?.When we get to tier two pop up and see me in the Bedsit.
    Seems perfectly logical

Page 11 of 235 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)