+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 131 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I agree with what is being said about hospital rates, but the objective with keeping infection rates down is to ensure that this virus does not find a host that allows a mutation that is more transmissible, causes deaths in younger unvaccinated age groups and is able to hide from currently available vaccines.
    If that were the case, then schools and universities should not be open again until all the youngsters are vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    To be fair bud, youve done that to me on more than one occasion, and im not sure that i replied, never mind with a hint of nastiness built in!
    Nastiness? Come on man. 😂 Pedantry merits that kind of reply and if I do it to someone, I'd expect it back!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    If that were the case, then schools and universities should not be open again until all the youngsters are vaccinated.
    I fully agree that schools and Universities should still be closed, but that is only for purely selfish reasons. Schools are not fully back though, and i do wonder how many college and university students are physically in buildings?

As we continue to win the small battles, we have to balance things by getting us all back to a semblance of normality until everyone is vaccinated. Testing is part of that battle, and there is more testing going on than ever, including surge testing areas where a concern is raised.

The trend in testing just now is finding lower numbers, and lower percentages than anyone could have expected!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It's not case numbers per se that are the main issue now. It's how many are actually being hospitilised and the associated death rate that's now critical. If that remains low and under control then THAT is the barometer that should be being used to assess restrictions levels.
    Fundamentally I agree BUT if the prevelance is high, even if hospitalisations and deaths are low, there will be an increased chance of mutations which could set us back yet again.

Yiz can get yer hair cut fae monday lads, nae pints though

Listened to wee nic today not much good news again more or less the same for next month only difference I can see is all those groups see meeting in parks etc can now do it within their rules.OH and hair dressers are going to open.Bad news more uni students going back probably means more parties and gatherings and more infections.Another month almost then things are going to start moving on 26th april shops etc opening hospitality slightly opening and people allowed to travel from monifieth to dundee etc.As long as the uni lot don't go mental and we are all kept in lockdown for months to come but doubt that as election in early may think we will get at least few weeks freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Perfect draft has been a saviour

My last order one of the kegs they mistakenly put a Pauwel Kwak in instead of a Spaten. Beautiful drink but at 8.4% it is dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Mental eh? The close proximity in which hairdressers work with clients, clients sitting waiting next to each other etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Perfect draft has been a saviour

My last order one of the kegs they mistakenly put a Pauwel Kwak in instead of a Spaten. Beautiful drink but at 8.4% it is dynamite
    Canna see past the hertog jan past few months mate, every order has been that. Incredible pintage

8.4 is rocket fuel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Mental eh? The close proximity in which hairdressers work with clients, clients sitting waiting next to each other etc etc.
    yeah but you canna get a pint handed to you in a boozer and sit doon and drink it

(que the 'people will get pished and losing inhibitions' comments)

Page 131 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)