+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 137 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My answer to that was to go FN mental on the Monday,
    no the first and winna be yer last G ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    no the first and winna be yer last G ha ha ha
    I have sent Troon a PM mate,its all i can do but the song below sums up the way i still feel 4 days later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgD9...el=CHERFanClub

Very appropriate as its set onboard a Gunboat.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 02-04-2021 at 08:11 PM.

A word of caution troops,listening to Radio Scotland today about Chile,they have vaccinated more of their population in percentage terms than we have but opened up everything too quickly,ie international travel,pubs etc and have now been forced into their most draconian lockdown since the pandemic began.
    If i heard correctly even going for shopping has been restricted,we still need to be cautious because i do not think we as the ancient nation of Scotland can take anymore of this shyte,FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 02-04-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Here's the story troops,scary,FACT.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...nation-success

I think that shows how opening the borders can be so dangerous which has allowed the Kent and Brazil variants into Chile!

Back here though, we have got daily infections down into the low 400s, now administered 2,515,748 first, and 414,540 second doses and should soon see 3m in total! I just hope that Boris is looking at what is happening elsewhere before he lets us out to travel!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I think that shows how opening the borders can be so dangerous which has allowed the Kent and Brazil variants into Chile!

Back here though, we have got daily infections down into the low 400s, now administered 2,515,748 first, and 414,540 second doses and should soon see 3m in total! I just hope that Boris is looking at what is happening elsewhere before he lets us out to travel!
    What worries me is the lax attitude of one of the UK nations with their backbenchers putting their leader under huge pressure to get everything open.
    I honestly am not trying to be political but unfortunately there are MP's and MSP's who are funded by big business and they have to return the favour of the millions paid to them to keep the status quo.
    To be honest i was staggered at how even some very elderly and vulnerable MP's are to declare the pandemic over,get everyone back in the office,factory etc and return to normal.
    I would love that to happen BTW but their motives are to repay businesses that helped get them elected whereas i just want to see no more deaths UK wide,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What worries me is the lax attitude of one of the UK nations with their backbenchers putting their leader under huge pressure to get everything open.
    I honestly am not trying to be political but unfortunately there are MP's and MSP's who are funded by big business and they have to return the favour of the millions paid to them to keep the status quo.
    To be honest i was staggered at how even some very elderly and vulnerable MP's are to declare the pandemic over,get everyone back in the office,factory etc and return to normal.
    I would love that to happen BTW but their motives are to repay businesses that helped get them elected whereas i just want to see no more deaths UK wide,FACT.
    Its not lax attitude, its a deliberate act because the people campaigning for this know exactly what they are doing and are showing utter contempt for all the people in the country who have made sacrifice's time and again in the fight back to normal.

The one that has me crossing over into a political slant is todays 70 MP uprising against so called Covid passports. This actually shows how disconnected MPs are from their electorate when those 70 MPs are campaigning against something that one poll is saying a majority of people would accept. I do agree with some of the things ive heard from the MPs today, but surely if the majority would sign up to such a scheme, then the MPs should be backing the electorate.

Speaking to neighbour who works in a call centre the other day, and they are saying their job will be working from home in the future. I can see that revolution continuing and maybe this will be the new normal for this kind of business.

I'm not so sure about vaccine passports TBH. On the face of it they seem a good idea but, ultimately, could prove meaningless if new strains appear (for instance). Then you are into a which vaccine did you get scenarios et cetera. The thing to do is vaccinate the whole population (or as much as possible) and get on with things. This is a virus that we are going to need to live with now going forward.

I think, once all restrictions are lifted, most businesses will go back to the way things were. It may be in a few years time but that's what I reckon will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm not so sure about vaccine passports TBH. On the face of it they seem a good idea but, ultimately, could prove meaningless if new strains appear (for instance). Then you are into a which vaccine did you get scenarios et cetera. The thing to do is vaccinate the whole population (or as much as possible) and get on with things. This is a virus that we are going to need to live with now going forward.

I think, once all restrictions are lifted, most businesses will go back to the way things were. It may be in a few years time but that's what I reckon will happen.
    Feeling that the passport thing is a bit of a bluff to encourage the ones who will not get the vaccine seems there is loads of ethnic minorities in England who are not taking it.Also a lot of business's might not be around if they have to wait a year or two to get back to the way they were.

Passport vaccines are unworkable domestically, certainly up here. For some reason in Scotland, nobody has been given a vaccination card while in contrast in the rest of the UK, each person has been given a card with their name, date of birth, date of first vaccination, date of second and type and batch date of vaccination given. I asked about this when I got my first shot and was told by the vaccinator that this was not being done up here. I have no idea why not because it’s quick, cheap, easy to distribute and although there were no plans for ‘passports’ at the time, it could (maybe should) have been seen as a valuable option moving forward to cover any future potential bases. There’s no way now that retrospectively you can have 2,500,000 people phoning their respective GPs for a vaccine certificate just so they can go to the pictures. It clearly would be chaos. It could potentially happen down south though as they have the vaccine cards butI think it will come down to individual businesses and not be a blanket legal requirement.

It will be different for international travel though - that will undoubtedly require vaccination and certification/proof of it. And correctly so.

Page 137 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)