+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Yes mate here is the big problem with Boris and his traffic light system and this is FACT.

Lets say that Greece is on green so safe as phuck,Westminster will say you can all go to Greece this summer and do not have to isolate when you return.
    The problem is there maybe other tourists from another 100 countries there at the same time and are carrying the virus possibly a new variant without even knowing it.
    They will be dancing,sh@gging,drinking etc etc with them for a fortnight and we will all be back in lockdown by the autumn,i do not think i'm being melodramatic here that's exactly what i think will happen if new variants can escape the vaccine's.
    We all know that a party supported by big business needs to return the favour and that is my worst fear,if only Labour had got its act together in England eh?.
    100% right anyone who has to go abroad this year to any country should have to Isolate that would not make boris popular though so he is f..king about with his it's ok to go here or there nonsense.Wee nic should make a stand and shut border like it is now if he will not use common sense and tell everyone up here that if they must go abroad for holiday they must isolate problem is might not make her too popular.

Have to say, as my wife and i have kinda put 2 fingers up to the restrictions this past week with raids into Angus and Perthshire before the change on Friday, i am feeling a tad hypocritical in contributing.

So i have to ask if we are actually still in Tier 4 just now with permission to travel, or are we in Tier 3 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    100% right anyone who has to go abroad this year to any country should have to Isolate that would not make boris popular though so he is f..king about with his it's ok to go here or there nonsense.Wee nic should make a stand and shut border like it is now if he will not use common sense and tell everyone up here that if they must go abroad for holiday they must isolate problem is might not make her too popular.
    Although this has been my stance throughout this damn pandemic, i think we need to start emerging from this, control the external borders and start building the UK economy from within our own borders. With the vaccine programme doing so well, the whole UK on the same page with virus prevalence, i think the time is now to start rebuilding.

Edit to say that looking at the up to date figures from the NHS, with only 3 highest local authority areas being in the 50s, i think Nic should have the balls to put the whole country into Tier 2 next week. That has to be followed up by fast and decisive action if any area shows an increase!
    Last edited by Chick A Saw; 18-04-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Just when you think we are coming out the other side up pops another variant this time from India,how the phuck did over 70 cases of that one end up in the UK?.
    I still expect the CEO of Edinburgh airport on the radio this week saying we should all be allowed to pack the airports out and fly all over the world cause its dead safe.
    The Indian variant is under investigation to see if it can bypass the vaccine's and lead to a third wave.I doubt if we will get anywhere near normality until we stop importing new types of Covid.
    Thing is though mate, there's gonna be new variants all the time, for years to come until the entire world has this under control. We can't just put our plans on hold every time a new variant appears. No doubt the press will run with the story about a third wave, lockdown, blah blah blah scraemongeri g like they have done for months until the investigation concludes and there will be then be nothing to see here as the vaccines as effective against it. Even if they aren't, like the SA variant, we'll just have to put stringent measures in place to keep it at bay without stopping the opening of the country.

Nae body wants to be the one who says nae holidays abroad this year. But thats what should happen.IMO.bit draconian.but maybe needed.

******* will stop you reading the story but you wii get the gist of it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...207&ai=9484019

******* will stop you reading the story but you wii get the gist of it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...207&ai=9484019
    FFS even @d block is banned on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Thing is though mate, there's gonna be new variants all the time, for years to come until the entire world has this under control. We can't just put our plans on hold every time a new variant appears. No doubt the press will run with the story about a third wave, lockdown, blah blah blah scraemongeri g like they have done for months until the investigation concludes and there will be then be nothing to see here as the vaccines as effective against it. Even if they aren't, like the SA variant, we'll just have to put stringent measures in place to keep it at bay without stopping the opening of the country.
    There should be NO international travel for FN holidays until everyone has had the vaccine.

There should be NO international travel for FN holidays until everyone has had the vaccine.
    100%Agree.

Yeah totally agree.

But don't tell JJ as I got my second vaccination yesterday so I'm alright Jack.

Page 143 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)