+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 177 of 235 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

new variants thought to have been discovered in China in last day or two - Ruili and Wuhan. Possibly Afghanistani origin - 52 tested positive to an unknown strain on a single flight from Afhan capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    yeah i read that and the concern is the flu vax is largely a prediction based process now its going to be a bit of that and guess work due to low levels
    It would just be meh luck to survive Covid but get kicked in the balls fae the flu.I get that jag every year.I expect i will be getting a Covid booster and the flug jag in the autumn.

Is it true that Dundee is now the Covid capital of europe?.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Looks like we might be over the worst of it, although it does take a while for the curve to come right down

Attachment 19404
    It seems to be improving since we departed the Euro's i would expect the exact opposite in England.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Is it true that Dundee is now the Covid capital of europe?.
    was a couple of days ago yes

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i get what you're all saying about keeping controls in place incase of new variants, but when does it stop? does it ever stop? based on the comments here it seems to me most would be happy to wear these masks forever, incase of new variants.

Can we not just continue to vax everyone and learn to live with this like the flu?

How come there was none of these variants when till we started getting vaccinated? Theres a new one every week ffs
    No certainly not advocating masks forever but while we are in the midst of alarmingly high number of cases it doesn't make sense to just pull all safety measures for some arbitrary date. That is herd immunity deliberately allowing the virus to spread through the community. That is dangerous for a whole host of reasons. When numbers are low then face coverings shouldn't be required.

The new English health secretary has tested positive and Boris of course is a close contact.The new Tory herd immunity strategy is working a treat.

How unlucky can you get?,a while ago in the USA John Rahm was a mile in front going into the final day of a tournament worth millions but tested positive for Covid and had to withdraw on the Saturday night.
    At the moment he is in Tokyo at the Olympics and has tested positive again.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    How unlucky can you get?,a while ago in the USA John Rahm was a mile in front going into the final day of a tournament worth millions but tested positive for Covid and had to withdraw on the Saturday night.
    At the moment he is in Tokyo at the Olympics and has tested positive again.
    Either really unlucky or not taking proper precautions.Utd have to make sure all their employees are taking things serious not wanting any 3-0 defeats because of the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Either really unlucky or not taking proper precautions.Utd have to make sure all their employees are taking things serious not wanting any 3-0 defeats because of the plague.
    Last season that only happened in the League Cup mate,i'm sure games in the League were postponed and played later.I also remember Celtic still being allowed to play a game with loads of players out due to Covid,midweek v Hibs i think.

Page 177 of 235 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)