+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Just confirmed the next phase will be working through the age groups. No priority for essential workers.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-26/...e-you-affected
    I can't really understand the logic of the teaching unions wanting staff prioritised for vaccination. It's already been proven they are no more likely to contract the virus compared to the general population.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I can't really understand the logic of the teaching unions wanting staff prioritised for vaccination. It's already been proven they are no more likely to contract the virus compared to the general population.
    Has that been proven? Sitting in a classroom with 30 kids who are mixing with hundreds of other kids daily... I'd probably say Teachers are certainly at a higher risk of contracting the virus compared to the general population. I felt that they should have been the next in line to receive it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Haud on I'll go put my braveheart paint on and check it out
    you've always got your braveheart face paint on = Brainwashed!

Just confirmed the next phase will be working through the age groups. No priority for essential workers.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-26/...e-you-affected
    cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Has that been proven? Sitting in a classroom with 30 kids who are mixing with hundreds of other kids daily... I'd probably say Teachers are certainly at a higher risk of contracting the virus compared to the general population. I felt that they should have been the next in line to receive it to be honest.
    I would agree with that bud, especially when IMO the issue started up again with schools, colleges and uni's

Figures from the ONS have been examined...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55795608

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Figures from the ONS have been examined...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55795608
    Yeah, it's not that they are at higher risk of contracting the virus, its that they are not at a higher risk of dying from it.

Yeah, it's not that they are at higher risk of contracting the virus, its that they are not at a higher risk of dying from it.
    I wouldn't doubt the death statistic. But surely it's all about who they go on to pass it on to. What if they catch it out of school? Then pass on to one or two kids. Then those kids to their friends. Their parents. etc etc.

I know of teachers who have been going to the vaccination centre by chance and explaining that they are a teacher, to then get told to come back at the end of the day where they get the leftover vaccines to stop them going to waste.

I wouldn't doubt the death statistic. But surely it's all about who they go on to pass it on to. What if they catch it out of school? Then pass on to one or two kids. Then those kids to their friends. Their parents. etc etc.
    Is there definitive evidence that young kids pass it on? Anyway the JCVI have said doing the rest of the vaccination by employment would slow the process down considerably so they are recommending staying with age as the basis. I would assume they have been right to the arse of the current data surrounding all of this.

Page 47 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)