+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 235 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

26/02/2021
    Spanner in the works! The place where I get my data has changed the way it presents the info, but while I cant fully follow my previous layout just now, it does give information that is focused on age groups, rather than cohorts.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...43010/Overview

Until I decide how I present things here in the future, here is a full report by age as it stands today. It should be noted that todays reporting is what was carried out yesterday in Vaccination Centres, and GP delivered vaccine reporting from the previous day.

Over 80s, 96.7%
    75-79, 98.2%
    70-74, 98.5%
    65-69, 93.7%
    60-64, 28.6%
    55-59, 24.3%
    50-54, 19.7%
    40-49, 15.6%
    30-39, 11.5%
    16-29, 7.5%

I already see anomalies there in what was previously reported by Cohort, so will see if I can be bother finding out why.

One thing i put out there to garner opinion in the negative thread was surge vaccinating the isles, and if you look in the link and see that percentages are all nearing 50% with numbers under 10k, i think there is some evidence to merit that approach. This ties into thinking that some areas can start the foundations to we rebuild the economy on. Plan it right and thats 30k vaccinations in one day!

I was entitled to F ALL when originally told to self isolate due to being a close contact of someone with the virus and had to close my business down on the spot.
    Can someone on here not happy with what i have posted about teachers tell me they are treated in the exact same manner as i was?.In other words entitled to the square root of F ALL when a wee 5 year old has made them a close contact.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I was entitled to F ALL when originally told to self isolate due to being a close contact of someone with the virus and had to close my business down on the spot.
    Can someone on here not happy with what i have posted about teachers tell me they are treated in the exact same manner as i was?.In other words entitled to the square root of F ALL when a wee 5 year old has made them a close contact.
    Why you were entitled to F ALL in your shut down, i dont know. As ive spent over 30 years in paid employment, i know the square root of absolute zero about being self employed which i assume you are?

Cant say im unhappy about your opinion, it just differs from mine in this case.

I feel your pain mate. My missus is self employed. She's worked three months of the last year. She's had to rely on government grants of £1200 every three months. Yes, £1200 every three months that she hasn't worked. £400 a month. Just enough to cover the rent on her house. She hasn't seen a penny since the start of January and has no idea when she will see more. She is now in a mountain of debt and goes through awful waves of depression as a result. The latest statement by Sturgeon has almost done her in tbh. She's absolutely heartbroken, not to mention the strain it's put on our relationship. The self employed have been well & truly shafted.

Young lass is a secondry teacher up in Aberdeen her man is an electrician they both got the covid.It was him who caught it through working in kirkaldy hospital and passed to her.They are both young and healthy and it never really bothered them just like a cold.Don't think they would have knew they had it if the guy her man was working with had not got it and got tested his work told him to get checked and found out he had it then young lass got checked and she had it their duaghter never caught it even being in house with them all the way through it.So maybe he should have got vaccine first?I am in cohort 7 but am still on furlough and would not mind people in higher cohorts who think they are in more danger than me receiving vaccine first I am fit and healthy and see lots of people in their 30's 40's 50's that look lot more in need than me.Think the problem of giving it to who needs it is easiest if they work by the science and do it in manner of who is dying most from it and that seemed to go by age and underlying problems so think until the science changes they will stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    For what its worth now, I dont think its all done and dusted yet, but the JCVI has gone the way i thought they would, and Gov.Scot are sticking to it like they have done from the start.

I have to ask why front line Police, Fire-Fighters, Teachers, people who travel for work like yourself and essential shop staff are not getting ahead start in this, because how long at full flow would it take to get them sorted? 10-14 days? Would also make a huge dent in Cohort 10 plus in the process.
    i was getting Hep A, Hep B and polio/Diphtheria vaccines yesterday at ablemed at the michelin, the nurse who was giving me the jags said the same as you about police, teachers, shop workers etc all essential workers, she said they would be more than happy to help and if they were to do a sector say police who are just along the road in Douglas etc then it would make a big dent in the other age groups requiring the vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    What would you rather have? A vaccine going to waste, or the chance to get ahead of the game and ensure that as many vaccines as possible are getting into peoples arms?

I know for a FACT, that the people who are getting this are in roles that i think should be a priority just now, or in the next Cohort to be dealt with.
    bang on! shouldn't be a drop of this going to waste!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Latest 7 day averages per 100,000 population:

Angus down from 52.5 to 44.8.

Dundee also drop from 54.2 to 53.6.
    Good stuff all positives, maybe NS will put us along into tier 2 from the start?

I feel your pain mate. My missus is self employed. She's worked three months of the last year. She's had to rely on government grants of £1200 every three months. Yes, £1200 every three months that she hasn't worked. £400 a month. Just enough to cover the rent on her house. She hasn't seen a penny since the start of January and has no idea when she will see more. She is now in a mountain of debt and goes through awful waves of depression as a result. The latest statement by Sturgeon has almost done her in tbh. She's absolutely heartbroken, not to mention the strain it's put on our relationship. The self employed have been well & truly shafted.
    Yeah young lad is a self employed tattoo artist and he is the same has not had a penny.I think if he checked it out better he could get some money from some where but he is adamant he can't get any because has not been self employed for that long.He is kind of lucky though because he can do paintings for people and make some money out of that.Think it is crazy that I get more in a week furlough money than you're wife gets a month.It's all a bit crazy and lot of people just seem to get missed out.

sorry to hear that mate and sadly shes not alone, we all had the big argument on here months ago about the self employed and how unfairly they were being treated as being a result of being self employed with not enough funding in place to keep them going

these DCC b@stards who also refused to freeze rent on premises are a disgrace

Page 51 of 235 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)