+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 235 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Yeah young lad is a self employed tattoo artist and he is the same has not had a penny.I think if he checked it out better he could get some money from some where but he is adamant he can't get any because has not been self employed for that long.He is kind of lucky though because he can do paintings for people and make some money out of that.Think it is crazy that I get more in a week furlough money than you're wife gets a month.It's all a bit crazy and lot of people just seem to get missed out.
    I don't think he can get a penny more mate. My missus missed the '2 year Self Employed' deadline by four days and is having to suffer as a result. Its f*cking sickening if I'm being honest. What is she supposed to do with £400 a month?

No wonder folk get pissed off when we're told we'll be going into tier three after 12 months of sacrificing our lives by sticking to restrictions enforced on us by the government. If only that same government would help those people financially, they'd maybe be a bit more understanding.

C*nts.

Yeah young lad is a self employed tattoo artist and he is the same has not had a penny.I think if he checked it out better he could get some money from some where but he is adamant he can't get any because has not been self employed for that long.He is kind of lucky though because he can do paintings for people and make some money out of that.Think it is crazy that I get more in a week furlough money than you're wife gets a month.It's all a bit crazy and lot of people just seem to get missed out.
    aye that was another stipulation, you had to be self employed for so long

us self employed were offered 'bounce back loans' through our business banking but its a loan, it needs paying back, businesses need to be trading they really aren't getting any help

I was a city centre shop owner up til 2 years ago and thank f uck i sold the business when i did as i would never have been able to afford the council rent of £4k a quarter, business rates, stock suppliers etc if the business was not trading, the people who i sold the business to are struggling like f uck now its no wonder so many people are having mental health issues. There genuinely wasn't/isn't enough funding for small businesses and the self employed

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    sorry to hear that mate and sadly shes not alone, we all had the big argument on here months ago about the self employed and how unfairly they were being treated as being a result of being self employed with not enough funding in place to keep them going

these DCC b@stards who also refused to freeze rent on premises are a disgrace
    Thanks mate. Its awful. There will be thousands more like her in the same situation, I know. We're literally counting the days until the 26th.

i was getting Hep A, Hep B and polio/Diphtheria vaccines yesterday at ablemed at the michelin, the nurse who was giving me the jags said the same as you about police, teachers, shop workers etc all essential workers, she said they would be more than happy to help and if they were to do a sector say police who are just along the road in Douglas etc then it would make a big dent in the other age groups requiring the vaccine
    I honestly don't know how the vaccine is getting categorised now. I know of six 49 Yr olds(same age as me) who have been jabbed with no underlying health issues, they're not key workers and they had appointments so weren't asked to fill in at the last minute to use up a surplus vaccination.

That's 6 people who could have been vaccinated at a later date and someone with a greater need could have been done quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't think he can get a penny more mate. My missus missed the '2 year Self Employed' deadline by four days and is having to suffer as a result. Its f*cking sickening if I'm being honest. What is she supposed to do with £400 a month?

No wonder folk get pissed off when we're told we'll be going into tier three after 12 months of sacrificing our lives by sticking to restrictions enforced on us by the government. If only that same government would help those people financially, they'd maybe be a bit more understanding.

C*nts.
    Really can't understand how they can think anyone could live of £400 a month and pay rent or mortage etc.I think people on the bru get there rent paid and probably as much as that as well.Don't think they did furlough right from start missing out people who are self employed but are not allowed to work but giving people like me who's morgage is all paid and not much out going 80% of our wages not complaining about what I am getting but know there are a lot of people out there who are screaming out for help.

aye that was another stipulation, you had to be self employed for so long

us self employed were offered 'bounce back loans' through our business banking but its a loan, it needs paying back, businesses need to be trading they really aren't getting any help

I was a city centre shop owner up til 2 years ago and thank f uck i sold the business when i did as i would never have been able to afford the council rent of £4k a quarter, business rates, stock suppliers etc if the business was not trading, the people who i sold the business to are struggling like f uck now its no wonder so many people are having mental health issues. There genuinely wasn't/isn't enough funding for small businesses and the self employed
    Alot of these people who are just starting up small business's and going self employed don't have a lot of savings have punted their money into bussiness or just left uni so are probably the people who need the help the most.

Alot of these people who are just starting up small business's and going self employed don't have a lot of savings have punted their money into bussiness or just left uni so are probably the people who need the help the most.
    Tell you what Brian the furlough on offer for self employed wasnt great but least its something mate but aye, the businesses who started up just before this should have had help rather than get f uck all

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I honestly don't know how the vaccine is getting categorised now. I know of six 49 Yr olds(same age as me) who have been jabbed with no underlying health issues, they're not key workers and they had appointments so weren't asked to fill in at the last minute to use up a surplus vaccination.

That's 6 people who could have been vaccinated at a later date and someone with a greater need could have been done quicker.
    thats a head scratcher mate !?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

That sounds strange thinking maybe there practice had done everyone in cohorts before them at that practice and have just carried on into higher cohort just a guess.

That sounds strange thinking maybe there practice had done everyone in cohorts before them at that practice and have just carried on into higher cohort just a guess.
    Most likely mate, so if you’re in a practice that has loads of auld anes, could be longer for the young anes to get done.

Page 52 of 235 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)