+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 235 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

All of the above highlight that the decision to extend lockdown until the latter part of May (Tier 3 is basically a defacto lockdown) is flawed. Let’s not forget to see the wood for the trees for the reasons for the lockdown - reduce transmission, protect vulnerable groups, reduce hospitilisations, protect the NHS.

The evidence is clear now that vaccinations are having a profound effect on the above. Vulnerable groups are now mostly vaccinated, hospitilisations are reducing massively and now moving forward the inherent risk to the NHS being overwhelmed is being eliminated. This is where the extremely important other factors in managing a pandemic must increasingly take precedence moving forward - mental health, re-opening of normal healthcare and cracking back on with large outpatient waiting lists and finally, the economy. This whole episode has wrecked businesses, livelihoods, jobs and families and the longer it goes on risk making the country bankrupt. No one is belittling the profound effects that the loss of a loved one with Covid will have caused those affected . But continuing with extreme lockdowns is also going to affect families through redundancies, emotional detachment and regretfully in some cases, even suicide.

Balance is needed - April 26th is too long and the science does not suggest that this is necessary. I would urge the Scottish Government to re-think this and move into Tier 3 in early April, not the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    All of the above highlight that the decision to extend lockdown until the latter part of May (Tier 3 is basically a defacto lockdown) is flawed. Let’s not forget to see the wood for the trees for the reasons for the lockdown - reduce transmission, protect vulnerable groups, reduce hospitilisations, protect the NHS.

The evidence is clear now that vaccinations are having a profound effect on the above. Vulnerable groups are now mostly vaccinated, hospitilisations are reducing massively and now moving forward the inherent risk to the NHS being overwhelmed is being eliminated. This is where the extremely important other factors in managing a pandemic must increasingly take precedence moving forward - mental health, re-opening of normal healthcare and cracking back on with large outpatient waiting lists and finally, the economy. This whole episode has wrecked businesses, livelihoods, jobs and families and the longer it goes on risk making the country bankrupt. No one is belittling the profound effects that the loss of a loved one with Covid will have caused those affected . But continuing with extreme lockdowns is also going to affect families through redundancies, emotional detachment and regretfully in some cases, even suicide.

Balance is needed - April 26th is too long and the science does not suggest that this is necessary. I would urge the Scottish Government to re-think this and move into Tier 3 in early April, not the end.
    Not sure james but think they might do that.I am maybe being cynicle but think maybe the plan all along has been to say will take till end of april then at say end of march say we have done great and we will be opening up a bit a month early so vote for us in may.I might be well of target but that is what I thought was going on from the announcement.

Great post.

All along its been 'protect the NHS, save lives'. Now that is being done with the elderly and vulnerable being vaccinated, they have to start letting us get back to normal. We've done our bit. We've done what they wanted. Now give us our f*cking lives back. Come the start of April every single phase one group should have been vaccinated. The end of April as you say, is holding on too long.

The Scottish government changed the rules on the isolation grant from the 16th of Feb,my MSP got in touch with me to say you no longer need to be in receipt of Universal Credit to claim.
    Its only fair i post the truth on here and me and my young lad both claimed through the Scottish Welfare fund and were successful in claiming the £500 isolation grant albeit retrospectively.
    I was very grateful for the grant as no sooner was my isolation up the snow came and we ended up off work for exactly 3 weeks and during that time were not entitled to claim any other benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Not sure james but think they might do that.I am maybe being cynicle but think maybe the plan all along has been to say will take till end of april then at say end of march say we have done great and we will be opening up a bit a month early so vote for us in may.I might be well of target but that is what I thought was going on from the announcement.
    This has came to mind also but it would be bucking the trend of the entire Pandemic for the governmental to do such a thing. Who knows? Its gonna be the longest 8 weeks ever, I know that much.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    This has came to mind also but it would be bucking the trend of the entire Pandemic for the governmental to do such a thing. Who knows? Its gonna be the longest 8 weeks ever, I know that much.
    I have now heard that its more likely we will be in a lower tier than 3 and it may happen earlier than the 26th of April but i'm still certain its not politically motivated.

Its already been said that if the data was to change for the good, emerging from lockdown will be accelerated. Earlier in the week, the data said to me that the date was about right with a more than likely chance of the timeline being pushed back. It is early days since the blip of the last 2-3 weeks, but i hope that what i am seeing with new daily infection figures will make the 1 year anniversary of lockdown 1 being a very significant date

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yeah not sure about it just the way I seen it.Aberdeen in the 20's per 100,000 angus the 40's and dundee in the 50's along with a lot of others does not make sense keeping us in tier 4 especially as most of at risk people have had first vaccine people going into hospital etc all on way down think there is more to it but maybe well of the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have now heard that its more likely we will be in a lower tier than 3 and it may happen earlier than the 26th of April but i'm still certain its not politically motivated.
    Hope u are right GB wheather political or not sounds lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I really hope you're right mate, moreso on the date than the tier level as being honest with you, there isn't much difference between tier two & tier three. The one thing it would mean is that we were three weeks closer to being in tier one which would make a big difference.

Did this come from a decent source?

Page 53 of 235 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)