+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

See what's pissing me off now. We have Boris and his government saying one thing and we have labour leaders saying another. Boris wants to open up the travel ban on 17th May. He wants to open the country on 21st June. He says there's no reason to believe the vaccines won't work on the Brazilian variant, yet almost every time he comes up with a bit of positive news, some w@nk from Labour is straight on the press saying the opposite. The inadvertent scaremongering is bullish!t, all because these ars*holes can't put their political differences to one side for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    See what's pissing me off now. We have Boris and his government saying one thing and we have labour leaders saying another. Boris wants to open up the travel ban on 17th May. He wants to open the country on 21st June. He says there's no reason to believe the vaccines won't work on the Brazilian variant, yet almost every time he comes up with a bit of positive news, some w@nk from Labour is straight on the press saying the opposite. The inadvertent scaremongering is bullish!t, all because these ars*holes can't put their political differences to one side for a minute.
    lots of people see it as over optimism from Boris and rightly question his lack of following the science. Anyone for lockdown number 3

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yeah politics is their main job so saying what boris says is wrong is what they do if it works for boris they say no more if it fails they say we told you so just politics.Boris comes across very optimistic and wants to get on with it and get it over which sounds great but does not mean he is right where wee nic comes over very pesimistic and dour and wants to drag everything out and make double sure everything is working each step of the way which does not sound so good but does not mean she is wrong either.They are just different types of polititions.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    lots of people see it as over optimism from Boris and rightly question his lack of following the science. Anyone for lockdown number 3
    Lots of opposition party leaders you mean? It's pointscoring bullish!t, that's what it is.

And lockdown 3 when all of the vulnerable have been vaccinated and the rest of us are well on our way? I doubt it.

Aren't they following the scientific advice?
    Does the scientific advice for Scotland differ from England? They effectively go into tier 3 on the 12th of April. Thats two weeks difference

That's Bojo's determination to be optimistic (Remember eat out to help out turned into eat out and spread it all about) He also said data not dates and is now doing the opposite once again. (as I said anyone for lockdown 3 ?)

That's Bojo's determination to be optimistic (Remember eat out to help out turned into eat out and spread it all about) He also said data not dates and is now doing the opposite once again. (as I said anyone for lockdown 3 ?)
    so is the stuttering idiots 2 week earlier start of lifting restrictions (i know they're not using tiers but they lift the same kind of thing as our T3) optimistic? we're talking about 2 weeks of a difference

If a 76% drop in hospital admissions doesn't give good reason to be optimistic then f*ck knows what does.

How is he doing the opposite? His dates are driven by the data, no?

Your could easily argue that the SG aren't following the data...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    agreed, nae need to wait till end of April if we're going into T3. Zero difference except more shops open
    The other thing is that delaying until April 26th may well have to start a negative effect as I genuinely think/fear that a wave of couldnagieaphuckery is going to ensue as significant elements of the population have had enough of this so that conversely delaying Tier 3 may end up having a harmful effect. At least if we enter Tier 3 early April, psychologically people might start to feel a bit of hope for the future and be more likely to continue to comply with social distancing etc etc.

Page 65 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)