+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 73 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Angus, fewer than 45 cases per 100,000 and over 41% of the population vaccinated but still stuck in lock-down for another 6 weeks or so. 🤔

It's the science TTT its not what you might think is logical its the science we must follow (which by coincidence is 2 weeks behind Boris)

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    It's the science TTT its not what you might think is logical its the science we must follow (which by coincidence is 2 weeks behind Boris)

It's colder in Scotland! Science says we must wait two weeks for a bit of warmer weather to keep the virus at bay. 😎

Just on the weather and the cold, I had a wee nosey at how many lives were lost due to the flu and according to NRS (national records scotland) The staggering statistic means that Scotland has recorded its first January free of flu deaths for 20 years at least — which is as far back as National Records of Scotland (NRS) figures have been produced.

The data from NRS takes into account figures from the first five weeks of this year — up to February 7.

During the same five weeks of last year, before the COVID-19 pandemic began, 65 death certificates mentioned the flu.

So, in a nutshell we've cured the flu deaths!

Who would have thought that a lockdown and social distancing could stop the spread of viruses like the cold and flu?

who would have thought no deaths due to flu for the first time in 20 years, wonder how many were flu deaths but classed as covid?

who would have thought no deaths due to flu for the first time in 20 years, wonder how many were flu deaths but classed as covid?
    Unlikely to be any to be honest. Positive test confirmation of COVID is clear. Flu prevalence essentially zero this year and that is as a direct result of not mixing. Similar impact on other person to person spread viruses eg norovirus. Hardly any childhood viral Respiratory illnesses in hospital either. Limiting contact works for all these diseases and is an unintended but inevitable upside
    to restrictions.
    Just not an acceptable forever approach to life!!

Guessing that a lot of the people who would have died of the flu this year will have died of covid they both seem to kill the old and vonrable.Also everyone wearing masks sanatising keeping distance and lockdown will have played a part.They saying that obesity plays a large part in deaths from covid we are third worst country for deaths and fourth worst for obesity.They reckon two thirds of english are over weight or obese crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Angus, fewer than 45 cases per 100,000 and over 41% of the population vaccinated but still stuck in lock-down for another 6 weeks or so. 🤔
    See with posts like this, it does take away from one of the reasons i wanted this thread to stay, in that its a bit on the negative side. Although i do think there is some weight behind the thought that there is something political behind some of the announcements recently, there are figures that i follow that make sense to me at least.

Last May/June when we emerged from Lockdown 1, we were seeing New Daily Infections in the 50s and falling, and once in the 20s, stayed there until into August, which seems to have disappeared on the WIKI i look at?

Compare that to now,

New Daily Infections are in the 500s, still too high but have fallen dramatically recently.
    We have a vaccines that the evidence is gathering that it are dramatically reducing transmission.
    But we still have the dominant Kent Strain of this virus with its higher transmissibility.
    We have new mutations that we dont know enough about in regard to the vaccine.

Although i had to make a quick visit to repair my dads car at the weekend, i will very soon be able to sit with them in their garden and there is a chance my work will be returning to normal, something i never thought would be something to look forward to.

We have done bloody well to get where we are, we just need to hold in there for a wee while longer, then its fecking party time!

Think i have agreed with your suspicions about that in the last thread. It is always in the back of my mind when looking at the daily figures, but "Died of Covid", "Died with Covid" or "Covid Suspected" does create a huge element of doubt that i think will be looked out in the years of enquiry's we will be subjected to!

Page 73 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)