+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

This is not ok.

This is not about football any longer. It is about society. A year. An entire year of people's lives spent sacrificing everything that is important to us as humans in order to help each other and bring our communities through this. Professionally I have been immersed in this for that whole year. Like many others I have also lost loved ones to this disease too. Still we all committed to the rules and restrictions for the greater good.

Today is a disgrace. It is a flagrant disrespect to our whole society. Yes "a minority" will always break the rules. Today was a coordinated and planned event to represent a football club whilst completely disrespecting every citizen of our country who has sacrificed, and continue to sacrifice, their freedom so that we can get get back to a degree of life as we want it.

The partying fans disgust me. Let's not forget they have not actually won anything yet. They are far and away not the worst thing about today though. The things that sting most. The things that bite hardest are:
    1) we accept it. As society our authorities accept this. That only feeds to the superiority complex of these fans and this club.
    2) the club have not only failed to condemn it, they have actively encouraged it and in doing so have endorsed it as being a positive representation of their club and Scottish Football
    3) BBC lack of outrage. By remaining quiet have also endorsed it as acceptable. Double standards at best but at worst much more damaging than that.
    4) Even the Scottish Government statement was weak and tinged with a desire not to offend the fans of one club. They prefer to tarnish all fans

I don't care which of the ugly sisters win the league in any year. I just don't care about them at all. I am deflated and depressed by what it means about the country my kids have to grow up in. An inherently unequal society.

Apologies. Have had enough to drink to feel the need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    This is not ok.

This is not about football any longer. It is about society. A year. An entire year of people's lives spent sacrificing everything that is important to us as humans in order to help each other and bring our communities through this. Professionally I have been immersed in this for that whole year. Like many others I have also lost loved ones to this disease too. Still we all committed to the rules and restrictions for the greater good.

Today is a disgrace. It is a flagrant disrespect to our whole society. Yes "a minority" will always break the rules. Today was a coordinated and planned event to represent a football club whilst completely disrespecting every citizen of our country who has sacrificed, and continue to sacrifice, their freedom so that we can get get back to a degree of life as we want it.

The partying fans disgust me. Let's not forget they have not actually won anything yet. They are far and away not the worst thing about today though. The things that sting most. The things that bite hardest are:
    1) we accept it. As society our authorities accept this. That only feeds to the superiority complex of these fans and this club.
    2) the club have not only failed to condemn it, they have actively encouraged it and in doing so have endorsed it as being a positive representation of their club and Scottish Football
    3) BBC lack of outrage. By remaining quiet have also endorsed it as acceptable. Double standards at best but at worst much more damaging than that.
    4) Even the Scottish Government statement was weak and tinged with a desire not to offend the fans of one club. They prefer to tarnish all fans

I don't care which of the ugly sisters win the league in any year. I just don't care about them at all. I am deflated and depressed by what it means about the country my kids have to grow up in. An inherently unequal society.

I completely agree,. We won the league during the pandemic (after many failed attempts), did you see scenes like that? No.

Over 80s, 97.2%
    75-79, 99.1% (99)
    70-74, 99.6% (99.5)
    65-69, 96% (95.7)
    60-64, 40.5% (39)
    55-59, 34% (32.8)
    50-54, 28% (26.9)
    40-49, 21.3% (20.5)
    30-39, 14.4% (14)
    16-29, 9.1% (8.9)

Cohort 1.1 Dose 1, Older residents in care homes - estimate exceeded,
    Cohort 1.1 Dose 2, 58% (56) Older residents in care homes

Within the above, dose 1 estimate exceeded, 54% (52) dose 2 of adults, and 87% of staff in all care homes have also been vaccinated.

There are some of us on here who have questioned some of the decision making and governmental actions through Covid when it has come to all things Glasgow. Whether you believe that or not, episodes like yesterday hardly help to dispel such suspicions. The Government response to this is limp wristed at best and secondly, WTAF were Police Scotland doing yesterday? They kent fine well this was planned so why the phuck was the whole area of the ground not cordoned off on Friday and zombies ordered not to approach the ground under any circumstances? It wouldn’t have stopped all of them making an effort but it would have cut down substantially on the numbers, no question. Over here, the police (as the Club said in their subsequent statement) didn’t allow the date of Oor Jum’s funeral released for fear of fans turning up at Tannadice, so they clearly can do something. Why didn’t they?

These Zombie phucks have just rubber stamped Apr 26th or even potentially made it worse. Selfish c(nts.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I completely agree,. We won the league during the pandemic (after many failed attempts), did you see scenes like that? No.
    Remember the huns went in to orbit over this?

Graham Spiers-

'This could be the moment for Rangers fans....

Ten years of misery, mockery, resentment, anger, “new club” goading and the rest.

If the “quietly terrified” Steven Gerrard pulls it off this weekend these supporters will deserve every ounce of their pent-up GIRFUY and joy.'

Wow, actually wow... Used to think he was quite a decent journalist. Just another hun... Funny how they all creep out the woodwork now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    This is not ok.

The First Minister should null and void the season today as punishment for the breaches. No more when we're so close to getting out of lockdown. The Celtic chunts just as bad with their Timplosion riots a few month back and nothing happened to them either

Fermers scenes last week wasnt ideal either

Nae wonder she's reluctant to let us back in to see our team ffs

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    There are some of us on here who have questioned some of the decision making and governmental actions through Covid when it has come to all things Glasgow. Whether you believe that or not, episodes like yesterday hardly help to dispel such suspicions. The Government response to this is limp wristed at best and secondly, WTAF were Police Scotland doing yesterday? They kent fine well this was planned so why the phuck was the whole area of the ground not cordoned off on Friday and zombies ordered not to approach the ground under any circumstances? It wouldn’t have stopped all of them making an effort but it would have cut down substantially on the numbers, no question. Over here, the police (as the Club said in their subsequent statement) didn’t allow the date of Oor Jum’s funeral released for fear of fans turning up at Tannadice, so they clearly can do something. Why didn’t they?

These Zombie phucks have just rubber stamped Apr 26th or even potentially made it worse. Selfish c(nts.
    Totally, i know some posters on here think we pick on/single out the west coast but nae f ucking wonder. Scenes like yesterday and few months back with the grey and green just show they can get away with it with zero repercussions. Untouchable almost. So its no wonder when the likes of us in the East coast kick up f uck at being kept in same tiers and same restrictions as these chunts.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Remember the huns went in to orbit over this?
    yup and they even reported it to the polis

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Totally, i know some posters on here think we pick on/single out the west coast but nae f ucking wonder. Scenes like yesterday and few months back with the grey and green just show they can get away with it with zero repercussions. Untouchable almost. So its no wonder when the likes of us in the East coast kick up f uck at being kept in same tiers and same restrictions as these chunts.
    Except that you just admitted it happened in Perth last weekend 🤔 I'm afraid idiots are idiots, it doesn't matter what side of the country they reside in.

Page 81 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)