+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

got a call from my gp last week, we have some spare vaccine if you can get in to the surgery this afternoon, don't know what priority criteria that came under'

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Muppet?

Why not have some kind of database where people can register themselves & their occupation etc. Then these folk can be put on a reserve list. There are people higher in the 'occupational risk' category than teachers. Bus drivers, factory workers etc. It doesn't have to be a free-for-all for all the 'muppets' like myself who'd like to be vaccinated. There are ways it could be managed.
    That is what i was meaning with the last part of what you replied to though. It is all of those that you mention who should be on that reserve list, and i include teachers because they are in an enclosed room with up to 30 people for extended periods every weekday.

As to my use of muppet, are you gonna be knocking on the door of your doctors demanding to get the vaccine, or are you like me and waiting your turn and thinking of asking to be on a reserve list? I would add that because of my work situation just now, i dont think i could ask for a place on the reserve list because i will likely get my vaccine in the next 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Fair enough but that's the published data whether you agree with it or not. I'm not sure what else decisions can be made with, anecdotes?
    Do you really think what you are replying to is based on anecdotes? Watched my wife do some of that during lockdown 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    That is what i was meaning with the last part of what you replied to though. It is all of those that you mention who should be on that reserve list, and i include teachers because they are in an enclosed room with up to 30 people for extended periods every weekday.

As to my use of muppet, are you gonna be knocking on the door of your doctors demanding to get the vaccine, or are you like me and waiting your turn and thinking of asking to be on a reserve list? I would add that because of my work situation just now, i dont think i could ask for a place on the reserve list because i will likely get my vaccine in the next 6-8 weeks.
    But teachers aren't in rooms of up to 30 people. Schools are off but this has been going on for weeks while some people have had to work in the face of the public from the first day of the Pandemic.

I won't be knocking on my doctors door no, because I don't feel I am a priority, despite having been back at work since June. Muppets with health issues deemed not serious enough to fall into phase one I'd have absolutely no issues with 'chapping on their doctors door'.

In terms of the next stage, I'm all for it going by age. In terms of 'what seems like' allowing teachers to turn up during the day, it seems a bit unfair when there are others more at risk. Maybe anyone can turn up and 'register' but I haven't heard otherwise.
    All the people i know that have received this were invited once excess doses were known to be available, and in some cases all spare doses were taken up because the call recipients had the quick thinking to ask "How many calls do you want me to make?".

I actually do not condone anyone who feels the need to actively go and seek their place ahead of anyone else, but if you get the chance, take it! And i hope FTFun took up his invite.

All the people i know that have received this were invited once excess doses were known to be available, and in some cases all spare doses were taken up because the call recipients had the quick thinking to ask "How many calls do you want me to make?".

I actually do not condone anyone who feels the need to actively go and seek their place ahead of anyone else, but if you get the chance, take it! And i hope FTFun took up his invite.
    The only folk I know who have recieved 'the call' have been the two boys on here - GB & TTT. Both with valid reasons for that call. My pal, 29 year old fit & healthy (other than being ginger) teacher, rocked up to the vaccine centre last week, told them he was a teacher and got his jab later that day. Nae bather.

But teachers aren't in rooms of up to 30 people. Schools are off but this has been going on for weeks while some people have had to work in the face of the public from the first day of the Pandemic.

I won't be knocking on my doctors door no, because I don't feel I am a priority, despite having been back at work since June. Muppets with health issues deemed not serious enough to fall into phase one I'd have absolutely no issues with 'chapping on their doctors door'.
    Lockdown 1, only hubs were opened for essential workers with very few pupils. Transmission risk extremely low.
    August, all staff and pupils back unless shielding. After a few weeks, every other day there seemed to be school outbreak after school outbreak.
    Lockdown 2, after initial closure, all schools taking in pupils in excess of the lockdown 1 numbers. Mitigations in place like reduced rosters.
    This week all p1-3 pupils have been back, and the desire is to have all pupils back soon, but there is now testing.

So having been at no risk, being in the thick of it, teachers and their staff are about to be subjected to 30 a class, unless they make a late decision on blended learning!

I think my work was closed for a month at the start of this, and we have gone from reduced hours to a short spell back to normal, and yet again on reduced hours. The expectation is we are back to normal next month, but i think i will have been vaccinated before that actually happens.

Again thought, i feel you are misrepresenting what i mean as a muppet, as someone with a health issue as is published by the JCVI who thinks they have been missed out, should be knocking the door down and asking why or why not!

Lockdown 1, only hubs were opened for essential workers with very few pupils. Transmission risk extremely low.
    August, all staff and pupils back unless shielding. After a few weeks, every other day there seemed to be school outbreak after school outbreak.
    Lockdown 2, after initial closure, all schools taking in pupils in excess of the lockdown 1 numbers. Mitigations in place like reduced rosters.
    This week all p1-3 pupils have been back, and the desire is to have all pupils back soon, but there is now testing.

So having been at no risk, being in the thick of it, teachers and their staff are about to be subjected to 30 a class, unless they make a late decision on blended learning!

I think my work was closed for a month at the start of this, and we have gone from reduced hours to a short spell back to normal, and yet again on reduced hours. The expectation is we are back to normal next month, but i think i will have been vaccinated before that actually happens.

Again thought, i feel you are misrepresenting what i mean as a muppet, as someone with a health issue as is published by the JCVI who thinks they have been missed out, should be knocking the door down and asking why or why not!
    They're 'about to be', yes, but they haven't been for a long time yet still getting vaccinated, which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Is there definitive evidence that young kids pass it on? Anyway the JCVI have said doing the rest of the vaccination by employment would slow the process down considerably so they are recommending staying with age as the basis. I would assume they have been right to the arse of the current data surrounding all of this.
    This is of course correct,if we started to break down vaccination to workers we would go back to the slow laborious care home programme which had the 'Scottish' Tories moaning about our numbers not keeping pace with the rest of the UK.

I have never had much time for the EIS and other teacher union's,their members are very valuable to society but i think they consider themselves above many of their fellow citizen's.
    If you were to ask me of a group of workers who should be prioritised ahead of the general public Taxi and Bus drivers would be miles ahead of teachers as they are at far greater risk of being infected and dying.
    Going by age or underlying health conditions is the fairest way to go and its been endorsed by all four nations of the UK.

Page 49 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)