+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Brexit to the English was never about money it was about gaining their independence from europe and i admire them for that.Their attitude was even if we are poorer we want to control our own destiny.
    If the majority of Scots had the same sentiments in 2014 the result would have been very different and we would probably be back in the EU by now.
    Most ordinary working class people in the North of England I've spoken to it was all about the belief that brexit would get rid of Johnny Foreigner, Poles and those of the dark skinned variety. Some don't admit it up front but scratch below the surface well done Daily Express/Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Can you tell me when 'Brussels' really told us what we could do and not do. I remember the cabinet minister (Mr Davies) who was minister for brexit at one point being asked in TV interview by Ken Clark to give an actual instance when Brussels inpinged on UK soveriegnty The answer "There isn't one it's the principle"
    Eu human rights man wins appeal to remain in uk after £2M spent and admits openly he would kill and we’re powerless to deport him

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Of course what was not very fair was them dragging us along with them when we voted by a massive majority to stay in the EU.That's British democracy for you though.
    Yeah you are right fu..ing British democracy the majority of British people vote for all of Britian to come out they won and all of Britian come out they just don't understand democracy every one who voted to stay in should have stayed in and only those who voted to come out should have been allowed to leave.Really the Scottish Independence vote Dundee voted to leave so should have been allowed to leave and the rest who voted to stay should have stayed that would be a lot harder democracy to make work but everyone would get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    Yep we passed the reopening of everything a while ago but boris moves the goalposts every time he sets limits then when we pass them he brings something new 😞,1% is in danger here what happens when we are in real danger I dread to think 🙄
    Yeah same up here don't know when wee nic will start opening things up here could be she will wait till central belt catchs up with rest of us or everyone is vaccinated which ever comes first.

Eu human rights man wins appeal to remain in uk after £2M spent and admits openly he would kill and we’re powerless to deport him
    WOW that must have taken some searching

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Did I hear correctly that the Scottish level 4 lock-down will be kept going until March? Seriously, WTF? Cases in Dundee, a pretty big city, are fewer than 50/100k.
    Anyone would think there's an election coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Did I hear correctly that the Scottish level 4 lock-down will be kept going until March? Seriously, WTF? Cases in Dundee, a pretty big city, are fewer than 50/100k.
    But March is only a week and a half away…

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    But March is only a week and a half away…
    Current restrictions will be through to the end of March, and likely to be extended through to April, which is when first doses should be completed in all JCVI cohorts.

As i have been trying to change my sleep patterns and get active again in anticipation of the brighter future that at least i can see, i missed my daily vaccination update last night!

The 2 cohorts that cover those 75 and above, estimate exceeded.

People aged 70-74 88% (85) which didnt exceed 90% yesterday i expected and wonder if there is a slow down in uptake or just mirrors the slow down in supply?
    People aged 65-69 58% (53) which is lower than previous daily progress in other cohorts, but of course there are more people in this cohort.

People in the next 2 cohorts should also be getting their vaccines and i hope to see data on that soon. And while there has been good progress so far, is should be noted that 75000 excess doses have been delivered throughout the great progress already made.

So not quite all rosy up here......................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56086995

Don’t want to get political but European court of human rights is different to the European Union.

UK involved in drafting the convention on human rights post World War Two.

Further importance given to human rights by Human Rights Act. It’s not a brexit issue

On wider point though there would be issues where European Union would be sovereign and UK had to follow EU law on matters given over to EU when in EU, eg mobile phone contracts, fishing rights etc

Page 22 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)