+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 167 of 235 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There is far too much focus on case numbers now. The link between cases and deaths has been broken by the vaccines, the cases figure is just less relevant now.
    agreed mate, thats the thing, the old and vulnerable are vaccinated now so why the worry that we're going into tier 3?

protect the NHS was the priority, so surely with the people most likely to be affected now vaccinated another lockdown cant happen?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Some yet to be jabbed may therefore feel entitled to ask ‘What’s the point?’.
    like myself mate? what is the point indeed, nowts changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post

Honestly the best thing we can do is encourage anyone who is swithering to get the vaccine. Vaccination is not predominantly to protect yourself but to allow the population benefit needed for rules to change.
    but whats the point if nothing changes as far as the rules are concerned?

Rules can only change/will only change when we have achieved enough vaccination.am frustrated with it as anyone, believe me, but we are weeks away. If you can do anything to help encourage people you know to be vaccinated, then I would encourage you to do so. 15 months of hell, but we are on the brink of success and it is only down to the efforts of everyone in society doing their bit.

I canna even re book an appointment online never mind encourage any chunt to get theirs!

If it wasn't for vaccines we would be almost certainly be heading for another full national lockdown with a 3rd wave of the most transmittable strain which would undoubtedly cause a big spike in hospitalisations and deaths. The fact we are in the process of gradually relaxing the restrictions is testimony to the fact vaccines are blunting the full impact of COVID. The vaccines are working but it is going to take time to build up community immunity as we get through vaccinating the adult population.

don't think anyone will dispute any of your points A777, what will be telling is if we are put into tier 3 due to the rise in cases.

If we are put into T3 but the majority of elderly, vulnerable and adults have the vaccine and hospitals are not at risk, i.e. Protect the NHS then something is not right. Interesting week or so ahead for the city of discovery...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    don't think anyone will dispute any of your points A777, what will be telling is if we are put into tier 3 due to the rise in cases.

If we are put into T3 but the majority of elderly, vulnerable and adults have the vaccine and hospitals are not at risk, i.e. Protect the NHS then something is not right. Interesting week or so ahead for the city of discovery...
    I would be happy to just stay where we are BUT tier 3 nah GTF.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would be happy to just stay where we are BUT tier 3 nah GTF.
    agreed mate, tier 3 is pish

Hopefully Dundee will not be put in to tier 3 unlike a certain poster on here who said Glasgow would 'hopefully' be kept in tier 3 when cases were rising there. I think the hospitalisation and deaths numbers will dictate if there is a reverse gear or not. And so far vaccines are playing the part in keeping these down.

Page 167 of 235 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)