+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Sturgeon today saying that she hopes to be announcing an acceleration of the lockdown exit, this time next week. Thank f*ck.

Lower league football also to resume.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Sturgeon today saying that she hopes to be announcing an acceleration of the lockdown exit, this time next week. Thank f*ck.

Lower league football also to resume.
    So one week ago it was we need to keep this going a lot longer, it's still really bad, etc etc, to seven days later hey presto! we're going to accelerate after all. No one can persuade me that that it is nothing less than a political reaction to the backlash of that statement last Tuesday, sorry.

She is clearly following the science

So I'm told...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    So one week ago it was we need to keep this going a lot longer, it's still really bad, etc etc, to seven days later hey presto! we're going to accelerate after all. No one can persuade me that that it is nothing less than a political reaction to the backlash of that statement last Tuesday, sorry.
    100%!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Certainly seems like it that's for sure.

I dont really want to rake this one up again, but there has been some pertinent points mentioned today and i have to get it off my chest.

Prof Leitch mentioned the data that was used for Teachers was gathered by antibody testing, which was discussed in the old thread about it not being reliable. LFT testing is part of schools return, but again reliability of that was discussed in the old thread. The reasons as to why i want my wife to be vaccinated were outlined in the chamber today, by the Green Party and the following SNP member. I dont think i need to spell out what little accidents can happen! Also the new 5 minute test if as good as reported will be a huge game changer in all industries.

My argument does diminish as each day passes just now, especially as the daily figures do show a positive downward tread at a rate i really hope continues. Up to the 27 though, Dundee case/100k is on the increase, going from 54 ish reported last week, to 70 that is reported today.

The data news is positive, but that could change very quickly! Something was also mentioned about football, but not about fans return, but at least the Scottish cup might be completed.

Sturgeon today reiterating that she's sticking with the JCVI age-based recommendations with regard teachers because she is following clinical advice. Deviating from this approach would make the decision political and she wants to stick with the clinical advice given to her.

Scottish Leagues 1 & 2 to return providing players are tested before games. Leagues below that are still on hold. Scottish Cup is to resume also. Highland League teams can participate in the cup in order to have fixtures fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Sturgeon today reiterating that she's sticking with the JCVI age-based recommendations with regard teachers because she is following clinical advice. Deviating from this approach would make the decision political and she wants to stick with the clinical advice given to her.
    And i do agree with and accept that. It was also mentioned that ASN like my wife have already been vaccinated in other settings. Already dealing with kids at close quarters with low attendance, which only gets worse when all kids are back.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    She is clearly following the science

So I'm told...
    She is clearly following me kicking up phuck last week.My membership has lapsed but there was a letter from Nicola waitng behind the Bedsit door when i got in tonight.

Page 66 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)