+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 235 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Is there a case to say that the vaccination percentages in some areas could see restrictions lifted early? Below is cases/100k - number vaccinated - percentage vaccinated.

Western isles, 48.7 - 10,912 - 48.6
    Shetland Isles, 0 - 8,588 - 45.9
    D & G, 51.1 - 57,163 - 45.5
    South Ayrshire, 69.3 -43,109 - 45.4
    Angus, 50.8 - 40,059 - 41.3
    Argyle and Bute, 21 - 29,313 - 40.2

I expect over the next 2 weeks that some of these will pass through 50%, and with cases/100k all under Tier 2(?) figures, its harder to make a case to say no!

Just for interest,
    With Falkirk at the highest cases/100k(figures up because of surge testing?), 219.4 - 42,116 - 31.7
    Lowest vaccination area Edinburgh, 93.9 - 117,076 - 26.3
    Second lowest, Glasgow, 144.4 - 140,381 - 26.4
    Dundee just cause, 58.9 - 46,167 - 36.9

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I honestly don't know how the vaccine is getting categorised now. I know of six 49 Yr olds(same age as me) who have been jabbed with no underlying health issues, they're not key workers and they had appointments so weren't asked to fill in at the last minute to use up a surplus vaccination.

That's 6 people who could have been vaccinated at a later date and someone with a greater need could have been done quicker.
    I've just received my letter this morning, jag next Friday. Woohoo, what a relief! I'm 45 but I'm an unpaid carer (I also work) so that's why I'm getting mine. Maybe these people are the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Is there a case to say that the vaccination percentages in some areas could see restrictions lifted early? Below is cases/100k - number vaccinated - percentage vaccinated.

Western isles, 48.7 - 10,912 - 48.6
    Shetland Isles, 0 - 8,588 - 45.9
    D & G, 51.1 - 57,163 - 45.5
    South Ayrshire, 69.3 -43,109 - 45.4
    Angus, 50.8 - 40,059 - 41.3
    Argyle and Bute, 21 - 29,313 - 40.2

I expect over the next 2 weeks that some of these will pass through 50%, and with cases/100k all under Tier 2(?) figures, its harder to make a case to say no!

Just for interest,
    With Falkirk at the highest cases/100k(figures up because of surge testing?), 219.4 - 42,116 - 31.7
    Lowest vaccination area Edinburgh, 93.9 - 117,076 - 26.3
    Second lowest, Glasgow, 144.4 - 140,381 - 26.4
    Dundee just cause, 58.9 - 46,167 - 36.9
    Where do you get these figures from? The latest data I can find (Tableau Public) up to 23rd Feb has the seven day rates per 100,000 for Dundee & Angus a lot lower than what you do.

Name:  Screenshot_20210227_125455.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  84.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Where do you get these figures from? The latest data I can find (Tableau Public) up to 23rd Feb has the seven day rates per 100,000 a lot lower than what you do.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

Dates for cases/100k are up to the 21st which is usual for the BBC, and used today for convenience.

I have been using the NHS Scotland/Tableau Public for vaccination progress and the vaccine numbers and percentages are up to yesterday and should change any minute now for todays reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    All of the above highlight that the decision to extend lockdown until the latter part of May (Tier 3 is basically a defacto lockdown) is flawed. Let’s not forget to see the wood for the trees for the reasons for the lockdown - reduce transmission, protect vulnerable groups, reduce hospitilisations, protect the NHS.

The evidence is clear now that vaccinations are having a profound effect on the above. Vulnerable groups are now mostly vaccinated, hospitilisations are reducing massively and now moving forward the inherent risk to the NHS being overwhelmed is being eliminated. This is where the extremely important other factors in managing a pandemic must increasingly take precedence moving forward - mental health, re-opening of normal healthcare and cracking back on with large outpatient waiting lists and finally, the economy. This whole episode has wrecked businesses, livelihoods, jobs and families and the longer it goes on risk making the country bankrupt. No one is belittling the profound effects that the loss of a loved one with Covid will have caused those affected . But continuing with extreme lockdowns is also going to affect families through redundancies, emotional detachment and regretfully in some cases, even suicide.

Balance is needed - April 26th is too long and the science does not suggest that this is necessary. I would urge the Scottish Government to re-think this and move into Tier 3 in early April, not the end.
    Excellent post mate!

I still don't understand why quite specific dates were given. Boris getting pelters for it all being too early, then Nicola getting pelters for it all being too late. It was always going to be a no-win situation.

Would it have been so hard to come out and say that results /data etc were looking good? The vaccine seems to be doing a good job? The venerable are nearly all vaccinated, we are ahead of schedule with the later cohorts, less folk are actually dying from this now? Then tell the nation that there would be fortnightly re-assessments and then decisions would be made accordingly, even if that meant heading towards the given dates.

Hearing the dates that were given was a slap in the p*s to everyone, total deflation of any optimism we were feeling after hearing facts and figures etc.

Would be great if the politicians (for once) listened to the feedback and did a wee u-turn. It may take longer than the given dates to get out of this, but that is now looking highly unlikely.

Assess the situation as things change and adapt things to suit seems a lot more sensible to me than to scunner everyone with bad news. Some folk are that pi*sed off with those statements made by the governments that they have just went fu*k it, that's me done, back to normal for me!

#thinkagainplease.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I've just received my letter this morning, jag next Friday. Woohoo, what a relief! I'm 45 but I'm an unpaid carer (I also work) so that's why I'm getting mine. Maybe these people are the same?
    2 tradesman, 2 that do administration work that are working from home and an engineer, not sure what the other one does.3 of them were vaccinated last week,2 this week and the other one getting done today.

I reckon I'll get my hair cut on the 26th of April before I get vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I still don't understand why quite specific dates were given. Boris getting pelters for it all being too early, then Nicola getting pelters for it all being too late. It was always going to be a no-win situation.

Would it have been so hard to come out and say that results /data etc were looking good? The vaccine seems to be doing a good job? The venerable are nearly all vaccinated, we are ahead of schedule with the later cohorts, less folk are actually dying from this now? Then tell the nation that there would be fortnightly re-assessments and then decisions would be made accordingly, even if that meant heading towards the given dates.

Hearing the dates that were given was a slap in the p*s to everyone, total deflation of any optimism we were feeling after hearing facts and figures etc.

Would be great if the politicians (for once) listened to the feedback and did a wee u-turn. It may take longer than the given dates to get out of this, but that is now looking highly unlikely.

Assess the situation as things change and adapt things to suit seems a lot more sensible to me than to scunner everyone with bad news. Some folk are that pi*sed off with those statements made by the governments that they have just went fu*k it, that's me done, back to normal for me!

#thinkagainplease.
    Was happy with Boris' dates. I get people think he went OTT but f*ck me, we NEED something to look forward to. That was the best news I'd heard in 12 months. I think they will stick to the dates as well if I'm being honest. About 90% of the adult population will have been vaccinated by then so why shouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post

#thinkagainplease.
    I think the message has been that the data is heading in the right way on daily infections, the vaccine effort and how it further affects transmission. Re-assessments are every 3 weeks and i think the next one is next week and it is my hope that we see enough for the published changes to be brought forward.

I got my 2nd jag today.

Page 54 of 235 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)