+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And now the SG are making it even harder for areas to drop less restrictive tiers once it starts again (maybe) in April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56237471
    Yeah Terry all fine them changing rules but they never stuck to these rules in the last tier episode have no confidence they will stick to them in the next.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Yeah Terry all fine them changing rules but they never stuck to these rules in the last tier episode have no confidence they will stick to them in the next.
    Correct.

Yes that's true, certainly when it came to Angus.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It clearly is new if the article is only 6 hours old. I certainly hadn't heard of this until now.
    New article, old news.

Why are the changes being made?
    The strategic framework document, published on 23 February, says there is a need for a "more stringent approach to the levels" when the system returns.

The more cautious approach is necessary to protect against further variants of Covid-19, the Scottish government argues.

"Our experience over the last few months and the changed landscape brought about by the new, more transmissible variant, in particular has shown that we cannot assume that the protective measures applied within the original levels approach will have the same effectiveness as when first implemented," the document says.

"However, it is also likely that the roll-out of the vaccine programme will reduce the transmissibility of the virus for any given level of restriction.

"To address this issue, we have decided to adjust our levels approach primarily by rebasing the indicators that we use to guide decisions on the allocation of levels on those recommended by the WHO in their most up-to-date interim guidance."

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My teacher did get back to me so its only fair i put it up,he is working from home. Sorry Chick went too far last night.
    Nae bother. I am sorry if my stance has upset you as well, but always family first for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    New article, old news.

Why are the changes being made?
    The strategic framework document, published on 23 February, says there is a need for a "more stringent approach to the levels" when the system returns.

The more cautious approach is necessary to protect against further variants of Covid-19, the Scottish government argues.

"Our experience over the last few months and the changed landscape brought about by the new, more transmissible variant, in particular has shown that we cannot assume that the protective measures applied within the original levels approach will have the same effectiveness as when first implemented," the document says.

"However, it is also likely that the roll-out of the vaccine programme will reduce the transmissibility of the virus for any given level of restriction.

"To address this issue, we have decided to adjust our levels approach primarily by rebasing the indicators that we use to guide decisions on the allocation of levels on those recommended by the WHO in their most up-to-date interim guidance."
    More shifting of the goalposts then, despite ALL of the old & vulnerable having been vaccinated by the 26th April?

And its new news as far as I'm concerned. I can only find one article on the matter (the aforementioned one) so it's clearly not been made common knowledge. I'm out working in the face of it 5 days a week, 8 hours a day - without being vaccinated - and can't tune in to everything that comes out of Holyrood.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 02-03-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Shifting of the goal posts because this damn virus blootered them oot the road in the first place!

I cant remember the discussion fully from the other thread, but are you the one who works on a golf course?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    More shifting of the goalposts then, despite ALL of the old & vulnerable having been vaccinated by the 26th April?

And its new news as far as I'm concerned. I can only find one article on the matter (the aforementioned one) so it's clearly not been made common knowledge. I'm out working in the face of it 5 days a week, 40 hours a day - without being vaccinated - and can't tune in to everything that comes out of Holyrood.
    40 hour days are torture glad I'm still on furlough hope this is not the new normal

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Shifting of the goal posts because this damn virus blootered them oot the road in the first place!

I cant remember the discussion fully from the other thread, but are you the one who works on a golf course?
    The Scottish strain must be more deadly than the English one then as their goalposts still seem in tact. Boris was saying he's looking forward to his first pint while we'll have our pubs open but won't be allowed to drink alcohol.

I am indeed. No, you're not getting a free round.

40 hour days are torture glad I'm still on furlough hope this is not the new normal
    Hahahaha 😂😂😂😂

Page 63 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)