+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Although i didnt see Queen Nic today,(cant call her that btw, people dont like it) was it back tracking, or giving up to date information on what has always been a very fluid situation, which at times has evolved and overtaken the best efforts of any government?
    as tHeArAb says mate she could have said this yesterday and would have made a hell of a difference to peoples feelings on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    as tHeArAb says mate she could have said this yesterday and would have made a hell of a difference to peoples feelings on the matter
    This is a quote from yesterday :

But in the coming weeks, if the data allows and positive trends continue, we will seek to accelerate the easing of restrictions," she said.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Has one person said both those things?
    Yeah you did...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's a matter of timing. After the announcement yesterday a lot of folk are quite down. If things go as the SNP want (and with another 2 months of lock-down it's hard to see anything else happening) then relaxation of restrictions will be timed perfectly for them to say: see you can trust us. They hope yesterday will be forgotten as things will be rosy but I'm not so sure. It's a pretty big political risk they are taking and it can be spun anyway you like but this IS a political decision, I'm convinced of that. If someone can supply regional data for Tayside that says otherwise then I'm all for being convinced to the contrary.
    Here...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    To be fair bud, its obvious that most people have about had their full of this, but i am "happy" to hear there is a plan, and that Nic is not gonna put it all out there, to then have to extend this lockdown because the figures are heading up again. If that were to happen, it actually frightens me as to what the consequences for some people in our society would be, although i acknowledging the effects of yesterdays tame announcement.

Although the numbers are heading in the right direction with daily vaccines on the up again, cases/7 days and people in hospital heading down, and encouraging news around suppressing transmission, there are still too many in ICU and who are dying each day.

Get vaccines from a third to over a half, get the evidence about suppression confirmed, and work to eliminate the Kent strain, then we can get oor erses to a party after April!

You can't win sometimes. Politics aside. Boris got slated for wanting to open things up too early , and Nicola got slated for being over cautious and wanting to wait a wee bit longer.

There are always folk on any side of any political divide that will dive in at any chance to contradict the others.

Only time will tell, and thankfully, no matter what you believe , or who you support, there is a slight light at the end of this tunnel, unlike the last time "unfortunately ...that is a train" Brilliant.... sorry , can't remember who posted that.

She back tracked today because party members told their MSP's what they thought of yesterdays statement.I sent 8 texts to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    She back tracked today because party members told their MSP's what they thought of yesterdays statement.I sent 8 texts to mine.
    Good work mate. Now can you do something similar to get back in Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    Good work mate. Now can you do something similar to get back in Tannadice.
    Just looked back and it was 9,all good natured though nae abuse or anything like that but there is no doubt that my MSP knew i was furious.
    I wish i could get us back into Tannadice mate,god i miss match day especially away.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    That's far too sensible. They can't have it both ways. 'She's doing it to win an election' in one breath and in the next 'no-one is going to vote SNP after this'... It's hilarious 😂
    I agree with the above and i told Terence yesterday it was not politically motivated.It was tantamount to political suicide,FACT.I made it perfectly clear that yesterday's statement was unacceptable and although i have no proof i reckon thousands of SNP party members did the same.

Page 41 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)