+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 184 of 235 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

So with the vote last night to bring in Vaccine Passports in Scotland, i am interested to hear how this will work in practice for us getting in. What will ST holders have to do to provide proof, and how will it work for online ticket purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    So with the vote last night to bring in Vaccine Passports in Scotland, i am interested to hear how this will work in practice for us getting in. What will ST holders have to do to provide proof, and how will it work for online ticket purchases?
    Not that we'll have many matches over 10,000 but surely it's just a case of showing the app or your paper copy? What happens to season ticket holders who aren't vaccinated, who knows? And if you buy a ticket online knowing fine well you aren't vaccinated then your a bit daft really.

Not sure chick might have to show proof at gate?Guessing that will slow entry way down.Think you can get proof on phone but will you then have to prove it is ur passport and not just a copy of someone else's

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not that we'll have many matches over 10,000 but surely it's just a case of showing the app or your paper copy? What happens to season ticket holders who aren't vaccinated, who knows? And if you buy a ticket online knowing fine well you aren't vaccinated then your a bit daft really.
    Didnt realise there was a number attached to this so serves me right for not looking!

Surely though it would have to proved at point of sale somehow, and seen as the ST holders already have their tickets, would there be an element of having to re-activate cards/accounts over the next 3 weeks?

Further to the above, 14.8% or 18,066 of over 18s in Dundee have still to be vaccinated!

OA, even though you were vaccinated abroad/through your company, you must have been given something to serve as proof of vaccination and therefore should still be able to obtain a vaccine passport somehow, LEGALLY! Time for HR/Occupational Health to do some work on your behalf me thinks?
    i've got all my vaccine stuff here mate, its all in Portuguese right enough but its got all the barcodes and sh1t plus we got wee laminated cards with batch numbers etc on it.

I'm away to look into it today mate

it's a minefield chick, logistical nightmare. Will everyone be checked? what happens at an old firm game where 50 thousand arseholes are trying to get in, will all of them be checked or will it be a % of checks, say 10% or something?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Not sure chick might have to show proof at gate?Guessing that will slow entry way down.Think you can get proof on phone but will you then have to prove it is ur passport and not just a copy of someone else's
    I would expect the app based passport offers enough protection against that. Its when it gets to paper copies which i think is fraught with danger on that score.

Didnt realise there was a number attached to this so serves me right for not looking!

Surely though it would have to proved at point of sale somehow, and seen as the ST holders already have their tickets, would there be an element of having to re-activate cards/accounts over the next 3 weeks?
    It's got to be at point of entry rather than sale. You could be buying tickets for someone else for a start. Also your could buy tickets for a game in advance and get a second dose meantime? Also, most season tickets are already bought and now it'll up to the individual to get vaccinated if they want to use it (cue another legal nightmare brewing). All that says to me it has to be at point of entry.

Some great points about it slowing entry, especially when the crowd is really big.

Lets say we had a game with just over 10,000 tickets sold i would assume there would be no checks as surely those under 18 do not count as they cannot be vaccinated.

There are people that have been double vaccinated that have contracted covid. It's not that uncommon.

Whilst most of this group do not get Ill (some do) they can still transmit the virus.

You can only mitigate risk to a degree. Risk CANNOT be eliminated.

The passport thing sounds unworkable IMO and, in general, just sounds like a pain in the arse for everyone - for very little gain in terms of where we are with vaccination and mortality rates.

Page 184 of 235 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)