+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 166 of 235 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Never FN ending this.Cannie FN believe we are top of the league again.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i was telt fae a few in the pub industry that the past few weeks the toon had been overrun with weegies here for a day oot

might be why the cases are up

thing is though if people stop getting tested oor numbers will come doon
    Dundee the Covid hot-spot of Scotland and you still find a way to blame the weegies. 😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Never FN ending this.Cannie FN believe we are top of the league again.
    It's all over the place. My pals on his second self isolation in 3 weeks due to being pinged by track & trace. He's been vaccinated twice too. He's absolutely raging.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Dundee the Covid hot-spot of Scotland and you still find a way to blame the weegies. 😂😂😂😂😂
    There is nothing that isn't their fault.

It's all over the place. My pals on his second self isolation in 3 weeks due to being pinged by track & trace. He's been vaccinated twice too. He's absolutely raging.
    There is far too much focus on case numbers now. The link between cases and deaths has been broken by the vaccines, the cases figure is just less relevant now.

That’s one of the issues just now isn’t it? People who did as they were asked, got the first and second vaccinations and heeded the guidance are seeing no benefit to it whatsoever. Yes I know there are the obvious health advantages but frankly I think the majority of people who got the jab thought that this was a ticket to a less restrictive life moving forward. Instead they are being subjected to exactly the same restrictions as anybody else non vaccinated. Some yet to be jabbed may therefore feel entitled to ask ‘What’s the point?’.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There is far too much focus on case numbers now. The link between cases and deaths has been broken by the vaccines, the cases figure is just less relevant now.
    Exactly terry we know we can’t stop the spread or mutation but cases of death have been reduced we all know it’s no perfect and I haven’t heard of hospitals cases surging so all in all we are in a different position to where we were last year and it shouldn’t affect what’s planned.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    That’s one of the issues just now isn’t it? People who did as they were asked, got the first and second vaccinations and heeded the guidance are seeing no benefit to it whatsoever. Yes I know there are the obvious health advantages but frankly I think the majority of people who got the jab thought that this was a ticket to a less restrictive life moving forward. Instead they are being subjected to exactly the same restrictions as anybody else non vaccinated. Some yet to be jabbed may therefore feel entitled to ask ‘What’s the point?’.
    Yeah, this needs addressing. Surely they must have a good idea by now if vaccinated folk can spread the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    Exactly terry we know we can’t stop the spread or mutation but cases of death have been reduced we all know it’s no perfect and I haven’t heard of hospitals cases surging so all in all we are in a different position to where we were last year and it shouldn’t affect what’s planned.
    Hope no mate because i'm at the end of my FN tether with it now.

I agree, it is awful having the isolation issues. Most cases are still in the not yet vaccinated. Most spread between them too. There is as low as possible chance of getting ill/infected having had the vaccine but it is not zero chance. Absolutely vaccination has broken the link in hospital admissions and severity of illness.

The trouble comes for policy makers that there remains a small chance of severe illness. Although it seems unfair to have to isolate once vaccinated, it probably is just about the right call currently. Once the vaccination target is met though, I do think that will have to change. Perhaps replaced with increased lateral flow testing for the same period as isolation would have been?

Honestly the best thing we can do is encourage anyone who is swithering to get the vaccine. Vaccination is not predominantly to protect yourself but to allow the population benefit needed for rules to change.

Page 166 of 235 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)