+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 155 of 235 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    You said I was being disingenuous about the NHS.Being disingenuous means being not honest about or not speaking the whole truth about.If you can show me where I have been dishonest about the NHS then you are obviously not just making up sh.t about that but you are still just making up sh.t about my hatred for wee nic the leader of the party I have voted for all my life and a woman I don't even really know.I have not said there will be any unacceptable event happing over the weekend again you seem to be making up sh.t .I don't agree with the rancid lot trying to encourage thousands of sevco fans to meet up and have a march into glasgow center and hold a party against all covid rules and all goverment and expert advice as they believe this will help spread the plague and I am not qualified to argue with them.I also think if the palistine demo on the sunday is as large as they are hoping it will also help to spread the plague I believe that is why all the experts agree about not having mass partys or demos in the middle of a spike in a city.
    My understanding of disingenuous is not quite as harsh as you seem to have taken it!

You have mentioned several events that are taking place this weekend, that by the definition of the rules as i understand them, are unacceptable. You mentioned them, government rules say not acceptable!

Again, I have to ask what the real life effects there will be on our lives? No arguments, no yir making things up, just an answer please!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    My understanding of disingenuous is not quite as harsh as you seem to have taken it!

You have mentioned several events that are taking place this weekend, that by the definition of the rules as i understand them, are unacceptable. You mentioned them, government rules say not acceptable!

Again, I have to ask what the real life effects there will be on our lives? No arguments, no yir making things up, just an answer please!
    People holding these partys and demos if you listen to the experts are spreading the plague and the more it spreads and changes the worse for the rest of us.If by these people meeting partying catching and spreading to family friends workmates neigbours people they pass in shops pubs etc etc as the experts tell us happens leads to new variants and kills more people and puts us back into more lockdowns I find that a bad thing for myself and the country.If the experts are wrong and these things will not happen then I am worrying about nothing and the experts should not be listened to.What is you'r understanding of the word disingenuous by the way I only went by the oxford english dictionary?

We should not need to listen to experts as our school education should have given us the basic knowledge that close contact spreads a virus, and the higher the prevalence, the more risk of transfer. Further education has provided me with an understanding that gathering outside is infinitely safer than inside, and i dont see that whatever has happened, ie the previous Zombie Gatherings, yesterdays demo, or the events the events you mention as being as bad a risk with virus prevalence still relatively low.

As for real life risks to me,

Ive had my first dose and should now be reaching the max protection that provides, and i expect you are closer to your second dose.
    Am i going to have contact with anyone who will be at this weekends events, highly doubtful.
    Has there been a seriously resistant mutation as yet? Never say never, but not so far?
    Is the vaccine cutting down transmission? The rumours abound that it does, but nothing confirmed.

So let them get on with it, let Nic learn from previous mistakes and start removing the cotton wool!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    We should not need to listen to experts as our school education should have given us the basic knowledge that close contact spreads a virus, and the higher the prevalence, the more risk of transfer. Further education has provided me with an understanding that gathering outside is infinitely safer than inside, and i dont see that whatever has happened, ie the previous Zombie Gatherings, yesterdays demo, or the events the events you mention as being as bad a risk with virus prevalence still relatively low.

As for real life risks to me,

Ive had my first dose and should now be reaching the max protection that provides, and i expect you are closer to your second dose.
    Am i going to have contact with anyone who will be at this weekends events, highly doubtful.
    Has there been a seriously resistant mutation as yet? Never say never, but not so far?
    Is the vaccine cutting down transmission? The rumours abound that it does, but nothing confirmed.

So let them get on with it, let Nic learn from previous mistakes and start removing the cotton wool!
    Ok you'r education taught you to know better than the experts I really should have knew that and there advice that mass partys are not clever are false and you are right.I am really not qualified like you'rself to ignore the experts advice.Like with all the nonsense about teachers should be at front of queue before anyone else because you were just worried about yourself again you think zombie mass party is ok because you are not going to meet any of the people who may spread this new indian variant because of it and you have now had you'r jab so if others catch it and die or get long covid you'r not too bothered yeah I should have also realised that.Yeah I must be getting near my second jab but I don't just care about me I have family and friends who have not had jab plus there are millions of other who could be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Guys....... Can we not have a debate without the name calling and telling folk to shut the f*ck up? Honestly. We're better than that surely?
    Sorry about that but I was actually trying to restrain myself in the response. if I had said what I really thought you would probably have been banning me.

Good news for moray their cases seem to be falling think they could have that out break under control just 69/100,000 still over the 50 limit for tier2 though but moving in right direction.Glasgow on other hand up to 80.4 more areas turning purple and their highest area sitting at 1,008.2/100,000.Also midlothian,clackmannanshire and east renfrewshire all on way up and passing the 50 limit for tier2.

This is going to be interesting- BoJo’s Covid briefing delayed to 1730 and Wee Nic is about to give an unscheduled briefing on Scottish restriction. Something’s about to give, no doubt due to this phucking Indian variant now. WTAF were flights allowed to continue from India for so long? Seriously when are they going to phucking learn - I’m sick and tired of this now.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    This is going to be interesting- BoJo’s Covid briefing delayed to 1730 and Wee Nic is about to give an unscheduled briefing on Scottish restriction. Something’s about to give, no doubt due to this phucking Indian variant now. WTAF were flights allowed to continue from India for so long? Seriously when are they going to phucking learn - I’m sick and tired of this now.
    Anyone can still travel anywhere, this has been going on the whole time hasn't it? It's just you need to self isolate from certain countries but if you can accommodate that inconvenience then your can still travel?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    100% agree how could they not see what letting people travel back and forth to India would cause?They never seem to learn always to late by time they realise what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Anyone can still travel anywhere, this has been going on the whole time hasn't it? It's just you need to self isolate from certain countries but if you can accommodate that inconvenience then your can still travel?
    Yeah but they were letting people travel back and forth to India without isolating till we got enough of their variant over here then decided we had enough and started to make them Isolate.

Page 155 of 235 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)