+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave great teeth Cormack

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    Far too much piety on display,and nae doot a touch of hypocrisy,with regard to Scott Brown’s pavement photograph. The account below is from the P&J in March 1923, This is a proper mannies’ fitba’ nicht oot and an interesting extension of a cheese and wine party. Note to current players: the defence solicitor’s plea in mitigation was that ‘he scored the goal’

‘An Aberdeen footballer’s Saturday night carousal led to his appearance along with a woman, before Bailie Wright at the Aberdeen Police Court yesterday on a charge of theft.

He was Douglas Thomson, inside right of the Aberdeen football team, and the woman was Mary Taylor, residing in Guestrow, They were charged with stealing eight bottles containing a quart, a pint, and two gills of whisky, two gills of port wine, 1½ pints of stout and two pints of beer, 12 ounces of cheese, five slices of bread and a bottle of lemonade from the Bon-Accord Hotel, Market Street, Aberdeen early on Sunday morning.

Both pleaded guilty and were represented by Mr R S McKay, solicitor, who said that Thomson was the one who scored the goal against Third Lanark on Saturday.

He went to the Bon-Accord Hotel in the evening to meet some football friends and got some drink – too much, unfortunately – and he remembered nothing more.

Mr Gavin Sinclair (procurator fiscal) said the celebrations commenced in quite an ordinary manner but developed into a carousal and, after leaving the hotel, Thomson made one or two more visits.

He met the woman and her husband. All had been drinking, and the woman went back with Thomson to the hotel. Unfortunately when they were coming away with the stolen articles they were “nabbed” by a policeman.

Each of the accused was fined 30s, the money being paid in court.’
    ****ing savage.

Mate: how was last night?
    Me: (preparing to spew but wearing a monocle) it commenced in an ordinary manner but turned into a ****ing carousel.
    Mate: nice. Nicked?
    Me: Indeed.

An award wining mannies bleezer is just what we need at inside right these days. Be good to have about the place.
    Last edited by NewOrleansRed; 03-04-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Hemmin

Ever go to The Spotted Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Hemmin

Ever go to The Spotted Cat?
    When I’m on Frenchman or a night out in the Marigny I sometimes stop in for a couple.

Say hello to Meschiya for me if she’s playing.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Say hello to Meschiya for me if she’s playing.
    https://aberdeenvoice.com/2012/09/br...-mardi-gras-y/

I was there.

Me and Amy had a wee bit of a thing going.

Well as close as I’m ever going to get anyway.

As I followed her into the bogs, I said nah nah quine.

“Oooh it’s the gents” she squeeled.

https://youtu.be/KT-Q9zoh7LQ

Big Summer for Dave Cormack. Will it be found out that he means business or will he be all bluster? We will all know with how he backs Glass.
    Sign decent players and the profile and expectations of the club go upwards which should bring bigger ticket sales etc. Skin on the recruitment will be more of the same from Aberdeen with a lot of trust lost with supporters.

Stumbled across this interview- a lot of content in there from Cormack and Wicks:

https://www.unmodernman.net/unmodern...ack-rob-wicks/

Decent read. Thanks for flagging that up. Don Julio

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast