+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave great teeth Cormack

Maybe our Yankee overlords think they can make some money if we ever join some sort of Atlantic league or something like that. Which will probably never happen, but they're Yanks, so what do they know about football?

The investors will be putting in money to make money or clean money. Who in their right mind from say America (who has no links whatsoever to Aberdeen previously) would want to pump millions into a Scottish club who don’t even want to win the league? It’s dirty money getting cleaned, it has to be. We are not getting gifts from these people because we are good about the community...c’mon be real!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The end game is an interesting question and may have different answers for the various parties.

Cormack - local boy done well, more money than he can ever spend in ten lifetimes, has an ego and likes the high profile so decides to buy his local football team, probably not overly concerned on ever getting a return on his investment

Atlanta - owned by Arthur Blank (who also owns Atlanta Falcons) with an estimated net worth of $5 Billion so a £2 Million investment is chicken feed to them. Probably genuinely trying to create some sort of two-way pipeline of talent flow but clearly off to an inauspicious start with the Gallacher and Hernandez experiences. One of their core values is giving back to the community so probably chose us partly due to the Community trust work, which is genuinely top class. I would imagine won't care if they have to write off their investment as a rounding error to Arthur Blank.

Tom Crotty - a venture capitalist with links to both Cormack and Bobby Clark (set up a youth football charity with Clark's son) and one of the reasons he gave for getting involved with AFC was again the community work, but probably wouldn't be averse to getting a return on his investment as well.

Roger Lee and associates - pure venture capitalists and have never been quoted as to why they invested. Lee has invested with Cormack and Crotty before and has a number of investments in e-sports. Obviously only in it to make a return on his investment but I am f'cked if I can think how he will do this in Scottish football unless I am missing something - can't see e-sports being that big for AFC but I suppose I could be wrong.

As to us being on our knees more than any other club, we just won't be, we are just being more vocal than the others as that probably suits Cormack's agenda with the Scottish Government. All 12 SPFL clubs will be losing money ranging from a lot to a f'ckin mountain sized loss at sevco
    Yeah it’s the Arthur Blank bit That interests me. I know him due to his love of the Falcons and how much he’s poured into them through the years - he likes an interest in every sports team in Atlanta hence he probably took the “soccer” team on as just an added flow of interest for his portfolio. He’s worth 5-6 billion, wish he’d take an interest in us! It’s Darren Eales that interests me, he’s president of Atlanta FC, but a director on our board. His interests have to be conflicted and heavily in favour of Atlanta. With his legal background he’s a really interesting piece of the puzzle in terms of the overall end game here.

Something they said at the start they would not do

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Maybe they’ll get round to it after they’ve finished calling for another referendum in the middle of a global pandemic.
    Have a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If Milne was still the chairman today then McInnes would have been given a new 4 year deal by now.
    On the back of that little run we had. Plenty of folk would have been delighted as well.

Name:  DE282164-7D5D-44A1-9766-6AA8DB5B9F49.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  11.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I would have got away with it if it hadn't been for that meddling vocal social media minority!

Pesky Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Saw that yesterday.

To be honest, I thought it would have been funnier - and also more accurate - if it had been a DC mask being whipped off to show Milne's glaiket coupon hiding underneath.

DC's certainly been displaying Milne like levels of fuuckwittery this last week or two anyway.

Enough to make you think...

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast