+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT Terrestrial Test Return

Yep, I've found it! It's between Dennis the Menace and Minnie the Minx!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Brilliant Test’! Completely disagree. India are better than England, especially at home...no problem at all with that...but I totally agree with mac, this is not Test Cricket. If the pitch had been as advantageous to pace bowling as it is to spin the match would have been called off as it was in the West Indies twenty odd years ago. 17 wickets in less than two sessions? Pitches like this just spell the death of Test Cricket imo.
    Yo're not going to sell many day 3 tickets, let alone 4 or 5 on this basis are you. Still I suppose such is the lure for the home team to get to the "world test championship final" against NZ

I know its probably not quite so easy at test level but I could hear my dad shouting from Heaven 'Get to the Bloody pitch!'

Bad pitch, pink ball, questionable 3rd umpire....... none of it excuses poor batting. We've not played the pitch, we've not adapted our game plan, we deserve to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Bad pitch, pink ball, questionable 3rd umpire....... none of it excuses poor batting. We've not played the pitch, we've not adapted our game plan, we deserve to lose.
    I think that was what I was saying in my rather basic 'I played in the Border League' manner

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Still I suppose such is the lure for the home team to get to the "world test championship final" against NZ
    It tells us everything when a very occasional bowler takes 5 for 8!! Unfortunately, India put winning before cricket but they can do that as, politically, they dominate cricket! I agree with rA, this brings the demise of 'Test' cricket closer. Stick with the short forms of the game, f u ck playing the game in it's purest form if all teams can do is turn it into 'It's a Knockout'. Wear circus comedian dress with bright red noses and a banana stuck up your arris and we can all have a good laugh!

I'm not sure we could replace Athers and Bumble with Eddie Waring and Stuart Hall though, especially as the former has been 34 years dead and the latter's fall from grace is well documented

Setting ourselves up nicely for a disappointing second innings at the mo

Another three day test? Reckon Athers and Bumble have been missed...as openers!

This last hour has been painful.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)