+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- 1st test India v England

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Great fight back, I hope Root gets the last wicket and a 5 for.
    Amazing, 5 for 8 will do his bowling average a power of good. If he had brought himself on earlier, we might even have a first innings lead. I know Moeen has gone home, but is Bess injured? Seeing as 18 of the 20 wickets have fallen to spin, playing Anderson, Broad and Archer wastes a place because they will hardly get a bowl, plus Bess is a better batsman than any of them. If we can get somewhere near 200 in the second innings we will be in with a chance.

... eff ing amateurs. Sorry, no; amateurs would do better ...

0-2 after three balls. Innings defeat?

Has a test been completed in 5 sessions before?

As I said not test standard.

Indian pundit desperate to say its not the pitch of course it is you moron.

It is spinnung as much after 1 day as it did on day 4 in Chennai.

The fact that 22 wickets have fallen in 4 and a bit sessions says it all. We haven't played well but it's not a test standard wicket.

Why on earth we went with just one spinner is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... eff ing amateurs. Sorry, no; amateurs would do better ...
    They really wouldn’t tho would they. When a part time bowler like Root is turning it like he did and some of the best players in world cricket struggle against it then you know that the the deck is playing it’s part.
    I would much sooner watch this than the normal 600 plays 600 and it’s heading for a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    The fact that 22 wickets have fallen in 4 and a bit sessions says it all. We haven't played well but it's not a test standard wicket.

Why on earth we went with just one spinner is beyond me.
    Because they are not very good. Dom Bess bowls too many bad balls. Ali has gone home. Rashid who I think is our best option doesn’t play Test or County cricket anymore. Who else is there? Leach and Root and they are both playing.

Bess should be playing and he will do in the last test.

He is a young lad who reminds me of Moeen when he first came in learning on the job.

He is a fighter as well and is decent with the bat.

Going with 3/4 seamers on this is mental which is why India have started with spin.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Bess should be playing and he will do in the last test.

He is a young lad who reminds me of Moeen when he first came in learning on the job.

He is a fighter as well and is decent with the bat.

Going with 3/4 seamers on this is mental which is why India have started with spin.
    I don’t disagree with you. What I would say is that if Bess was playing India would probably still be batting and be on 200. He bowls too many loose deliveries.
    In terms of his batting, he may have some potential but he hasn’t shown it enough yet.
    Root in my opinion looks more likely to take wickets than Bess. He also bowls tidy enough to tie an end done.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast