+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- 1st test India v England

I thought we might have declared when Archer was out. Sharma was getting movement and it would be good to let Anderson and Archer have the last few overs with the new ball. I think a lot will rely on those two picking up early wickets tomorrow, because if the Indian spinners have struggled it's hard to see Bess and Leach causing too many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I thought we might have declared when Archer was out. Sharma was getting movement and it would be good to let Anderson and Archer have the last few overs with the new ball. I think a lot will rely on those two picking up early wickets tomorrow, because if the Indian spinners have struggled it's hard to see Bess and Leach causing too many problems.
    If Leach and Bess are still together at the end of play tomorrow, we might have 580 on the board.

Bess and Leach did a brilliant job hopefully we can bat 8-10 overs get to around 580 and put India under pressure.

A couple of reports I've read suggest that the pitch is deteriorating, with a bit more turn and uneven bounce. I think that's our best chance, because India have a strong batting line-up. At least we're in a position where we shouldn't lose, it looks a very interesting day tomorrow.

A couple of reports I've read suggest that the pitch is deteriorating, with a bit more turn and uneven bounce. I think that's our best chance, because India have a strong batting line-up. At least we're in a position where we shouldn't lose, it looks a very interesting day tomorrow.
    Correct tomorrow is a key day if it ended 240-5 we are on top.

Purjara Rahane Kohli is some batting line up but they are going to be under pressure to deliver.

... just when you think you're watching proper test cricket, you get idiots like Pope trying to play one-day rounders ... ffs ...

Good job Root is in form, another 60 should be enough to declare

Kiss of death for Root !!
    Good job Butlers in form 🤞🤞

... eh hem ...

...hope Butler makes a better job of batting than he does picking his nose ...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast