+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- 1st test India v England

... don't blame the pitch ... diabolical batting ... the forgotten skills of test match batting ...

... oh, and proper spin bowling ... too good for the over-inflated ego's of England 'superstars' ...

If you don’t think the pitch affects the batting you see cricket differently to me.
    This is a day 5 surface not a day 2.

I however agree the over-inflated ego of Root has forgotten the skills of test batting.

I hope Pope and Foakes can battle this out but the competition between bat and ball is not a balanced one.

... of course the condition of the pitch affects the batting. It's the batsman's job to adjust to the conditions; and the bowlers to take advantage ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... don't blame the pitch ... diabolical batting ... the forgotten skills of test match batting ...
    No different to England producing a green seamer and letting Anderson and Broad loose on an Asian batting line up.

... of course the condition of the pitch affects the batting. It's the batsman's job to adjust to the conditions; and the bowlers to take advantage ...
    These two are battling away but a couple of balls an over take a chunk out of the pitch and are almost unplayable no matter how much they adjust.

I hope as the ball gets softer it will get a little easier.

... absolutely ... or comparing ML to some of the park pitches we now play on ...

... oh, and proper spin bowling ... too good for the over-inflated ego's of England 'superstars' ...
    That's unfair. England have really knuckled down at Test cricket the past 12 months and sit top of Test Championship even though they've played more tests than any other nation (which is a disadvantage imo)

Gotta remember that the Indians have just beaten the Aussies over here, and with a heap of no names. Aussies were forecast, having bowled the Indians out for 36 in Adelaide, to win 4-0. This is a good Indian squad.

Nought wrong with this deck. No swing, consistent bounce and no spin. Piece of piss to bat on, ask Kohli.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast