+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- 1st test India v England

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The match has been a joke for test cricket.
    It certainly wasn't a pitch up to test match standard, but that still shouldn't excuse our very poor batting. Bairstow only faced 2 balls in the second innings, and was given out to both of them! Some of the deliveries from their spinners were virtually unplayable, but for once I agree with TheBlackHorse - many of the wickets we lost were simply down to poor technique and lack of application.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It certainly wasn't a pitch up to test match standard, but that still shouldn't excuse our very poor batting. Bairstow only faced 2 balls in the second innings, and was given out to both of them! Some of the deliveries from their spinners were virtually unplayable, but for once I agree with TheBlackHorse - many of the wickets we lost were simply down to poor technique and lack of application.
    I agree with all Elite has posted above !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Our boys don't like the heat Elite that's for sure. Extremely poor pitch but some very poor batting indeed. I was getting excited after the first test and our result against Sri Lanka but we are being owned now in India.

I think India have the best squad in the world by some distance, but it's still no excuse for being annihilated.

Here we go again

Dom Bess better bowl well or that will be him done until the next time we are in the sub continent. We won’t need him and Leach back home or for the Ashes.
    Someone said he could bat as well. Not seen any evidence of that, though their is an argument about most in this side not being able to bat.
    I think the squad just needs to get on home soil and restore some confidence against seam. This India side won’t be the same in our summer and they will look to replace a spinner or 2.

A first innings total of 205 seems a poor one bearing in mind we won the toss and played an extra batsman. The last eight wickets falling to spin doesn't look too promising for us. Looks like a quick burst with the new ball from Jimmy, then over to Leach, Bess and Root.

I thought, great cricket. Take my mind off the Pies, silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Dom Bess better bowl well or that will be him done until the next time we are in the sub continent. We won’t need him and Leach back home or for the Ashes.
    Someone said he could bat as well. Not seen any evidence of that, though their is an argument about most in this side not being able to bat.
    I think the squad just needs to get on home soil and restore some confidence against seam. This India side won’t be the same in our summer and they will look to replace a spinner or 2.
    Whose stupid idea was it to go with 3 bowlers today ?!

Bess can bat he has a test average of 27 and a 50 against a good Pakistan attack ...you have pit it into context when I say he can bat im talking as a number 8/9.

Leach will play in home tests id guess but that then forces us to play Curran/Woakes as you cant have Archer batting at 8.

We will lose this test it was to be expected they are better than us in them conditions but it will be much tighter over here.

Game on

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast