+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- 1st test India v England

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I don’t disagree with you. What I would say is that if Bess was playing India would probably still be batting and be on 200. He bowls too many loose deliveries.
    In terms of his batting, he may have some potential but he hasn’t shown it enough yet.
    Root in my opinion looks more likely to take wickets than Bess. He also bowls tidy enough to tie an end done.
    Im not sure about that it is perfect for spin this pitch.

Put it this way India would rather face seam than him on this surface.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Im not sure about that it is perfect for spin this pitch.

Put it this way India would rather face seam than him on this surface.
    I think they know they could milk him. England don’t have confidence in Leach and Bess. That much is clear. Neither are big spinners of the ball, neither give you control of an end. Both will bowl a 4 ball every over. Bess took a 5 for in Sri Lanka that he was embarrassed about as he bowled complete tripe. India wouldn’t bat so poorly.
    If we had Giles and Swann available than hands down they would both be playing. Problem is those spinners seem to come along once in a generation in a England.
    England have played to their strengths and probably hoped the ball would swing a bit under lights which it did a bit last night. Problem is we are not likely to make the lights being needed on day 3.

I take it back. The lights might just get on tonight for the presentation

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think they know they could milk him. England don’t have confidence in Leach and Bess. That much is clear. Neither are big spinners of the ball, neither give you control of an end. Both will bowl a 4 ball every over. Bess took a 5 for in Sri Lanka that he was embarrassed about as he bowled complete tripe. India wouldn’t bat so poorly.
    If we had Giles and Swann available than hands down they would both be playing. Problem is those spinners seem to come along once in a generation in a England.
    England have played to their strengths and probably hoped the ball would swing a bit under lights which it did a bit last night. Problem is we are not likely to make the lights being needed on day 3.
    Its easier said than done to milk him on THIS pitch.

The fact it is early day 2 and India have not bowled a seamer tells you everything.

As I said Bess can bat having Archer walk out at 8 we might as well declare.

Let me be clear India are better than us so result woukd have been the same.

Bess is getting treated like Moeen a few years ago by England I mean Bairstow has been woeful this test but I bet he plays next game.

Its easier said than done to milk him on THIS pitch.

The fact it is early day 2 and India have not bowled a seamer tells you everything.

As I said Bess can bat having Archer walk out at 8 we might as well declare.

Let me be clear India are better than us so result woukd have been the same.

Bess is getting treated like Moeen a few years ago by England I mean Bairstow has been woeful this test but I bet he plays next game.
    The pitch is irrelevant for Bess as he doesn’t always use it. To many full bungers.

I’m not going to say we are crap because we are not. We are a young side playing the best team in the world in conditions that completely suit the opponent.
    It’s difficult enough to go there and perform but to be expected to go and spend 2 weeks in a hotel room rather then prep would have been a massive disadvantage. Factor in all the changes to the side and it was inevitable this tour wasn’t going to end well.
    Let’s see how we get on in the summer when our conditions will make it more a leveller. Though I still think player for player they are head and shoulders above us.

Im not claiming Bess is world class but he has got Kohli out twice you dont do that by being useless.

All im saying is certain players stay in no matter what and some are binned after ONE poor game dont sound right to me.

Considering we are playing in Covid times players need to be given some slack.

Im not claiming Bess is world class but he has got Kohli out twice you dont do that by being useless.

All im saying is certain players stay in no matter what and some are binned after ONE poor game dont sound right to me.

Considering we are playing in Covid times players need to be given some slack.
    It's been like that since the 1960s when I used to go.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It's been like that since the 1960s when I used to go.
    I just popped out to Blidworth Bottoms for walk and a Bacon cob from the mobile kiosk,how are we doing?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I just popped out to Blidworth Bottoms for walk and a Bacon cob from the mobile kiosk,how are we doing?
    The match has been a joke for test cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The match has been a joke for test cricket.
    I think they said only 7 test matches in history have finished in 2 days although 1 only lasted 45 minutes.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast