+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: O/T:- 1st test India v England

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    What’s that bud?

As disappointing as this test series has been I am more optimistic of a better showing in the shorter formats.
    Looks like all we needed was a white ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Looks like all we needed was a white ball.
    I will make a comment in a couple of games time. After all we went 1 up in the tests

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I will make a comment in a couple of games time. After all we went 1 up in the tests
    That's true, but in the 5 day game spin was absolutely crucial and we were a distant second best. I think pace will be more important in the shorter formats, and I think we have the advantage over India in that department.

That's true, but in the 5 day game spin was absolutely crucial and we were a distant second best. I think pace will be more important in the shorter formats, and I think we have the advantage over India in that department.
    I think you are right. I also think the T20 batting line up just goes full pelt and it’s a real strength that it’s very dynamic and powerful. No one bats an eye lid if you score 20 off 12 balls and get out.

165 is a disappointing target to set after some of the positions we were in. We'll have to bowl well to win this one.

165 is a disappointing target to set after some of the positions we were in. We'll have to bowl well to win this one.
    Which we didn’t. India showed us how to bowl on it.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617