+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peterborough

Peterborough

Can't see anything coming from this game unless the Alex display a new spark of life. Charlie and Billy are fit again. I think I prefer Dale down the other side. The important thing is to move the ball quickly and not to confined to our own half by ponderous sideways and backwards passing. We'll get caught out again if we do.
    Anyway, going for 3-1 to the home side and I think we'll be lucky with the 1. Mandron is due a goal.

I fear the worst, especially as snow is rain is forecast - mind you that might hamper them as much as us! It’s the sort of match you wish were played under the best of conditions as both teams like to play.

I’ve spent the past hour watching Gillingham v Lincoln on Sky. To paraphrase Mr Spock, it’s football Jim, but not as we know it! Surely they could have picked a better match to advertise League 1 football!

Anyway, I’ll be pleased with anything less than 3-0 tomorrow... with everyone returning home avail for the next match!

I think it will be an interesting game. Not one where it will be easy to predict a result. If we are going to repeat the high pressure tactics I can only see one change in the back seven, Jones for Johnson. The other four places from right to left could possibly be Dale, Mandron. Walker, and Kirk/Powell.

Potentially we could have better attacking possibilities. Jones will get further forward and give Dale support, and if Kirk is fit he will combine with Pixie for our main attacking moves. Looking forward to the game.

Agree we need to move the ball quicker and forward . We spend a lot of time going backwards and sideways. Want to see Kirk take on defenders as they all know what he is going to do . Wait for Pickering to do an over lap and then stand still and admire what is going on.

Game clearly moved from London Road to the home of the National Ploughing Championship.
    Pitch considered, the team didn't play too badly. At least they mixed it up a bit and didn't get too bogged down. Just the final ball letting us down (again). The two goals seem to come from Lancashire being drawn out of the back line and then not winning the header and BJ not covering. They had threatened a couple of times before that.
    I have to confess I don't understand DA's line-up: Powell on the right and Dale on the left. In other words, the opposite sides from
    each player's preference.
    The camera work was not great: at times I found it hard to distinguish players and the kit didn,t help in the conditions.
    One thing that got me shouting at the screen was the final free kick. Only seconds left, everybody pushed forward to get on the end of it and where did the kick go? Wide left about 30 yards out from Posh's dead ball line!!!
    Hopefully, they won't play on a pitch like that again and they haven't got a midweek game for the next two weeks.

Pitch looked ideal for potatoes. Fair do to both teams that they managed to play decent football in the 1st half. Absolutely shocked that we allowed their wide man so much space for the 2 goals, No excuse for that. After that we were a team destined to lose. In the second half Ferguson reverted to his usual style, chop them down at every opportunity. Felt the referee was biased, and not in our favour.

Jones had a poor game and was IMO to blame for both goals, Powell, I keep saying to myself there is a better player in there, but once again he failed to appear. Once again shows how essential Kirk is.