+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    My current opinion on Jim Goodwin as Aberdeen manager….Booooooooooooooooo

It might change though if we start looking a hell of a lot better during the league campaign. Other than that and him being a big Celtic fan and going out his way to borrow a player from Celtic he has got off to a winning start in the league cup.
    He`s taken on a very hard job. Ans so far, made the right calls in my eyes.

Dynamic on the transfer front too. Credit to DC for backing him. ( Although with so many millions coming in, and a desperate need for players, he had to ?!! )

Seems like Goodwin had his eye on Scales before Celtic signed him from Shamrock Rovers ? Definitely they`ll try and get it a permanent move in January. If not , and Celtic play silly buggers, I could see us paying good money somewhere else for a decent CH ? Unless Jack Milne or Hancock steps up to the plate as well ?

It`s going to take time to mould the team together ? So , no matter what happens this Sunday , I feel we need to hang in there and give the Manager & the team some decent support . Time will also tell whether Goodwin has the tactical ability to use his new squad to their best. We`ll see in the forthcoming months.

COYR.

If he's managed to get rid of Gallacher and Bates then he goes up in my estimation.

Wasn't the greatest of defenders himself but can obviously spot other useless ones. Well done on getting shot of that pair.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    He`s taken on a very hard job. Ans so far, made the right calls in my eyes.

Dynamic on the transfer front too. Credit to DC for backing him. ( Although with so many millions coming in, and a desperate need for players, he had to ?!! )

Seems like Goodwin had his eye on Scales before Celtic signed him from Shamrock Rovers ? Definitely they`ll try and get it a permanent move in January. If not , and Celtic play silly buggers, I could see us paying good money somewhere else for a decent CH ? Unless Jack Milne or Hancock steps up to the plate as well ?

It`s going to take time to mould the team together ? So , no matter what happens this Sunday , I feel we need to hang in there and give the Manager & the team some decent support . Time will also tell whether Goodwin has the tactical ability to use his new squad to their best. We`ll see in the forthcoming months.

COYR.
    I think that's a fair assessment. He shot himself in the foot a bit by telling so many players they were surplus to requirements early on, which left us short at the end of last season, but fair play for being decisive. Time will tell on the signings and his tactical nous, but I am far more confident than I was in April!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt_Scores View Post
    I think that's a fair assessment. He shot himself in the foot a bit by telling so many players they were surplus to requirements early on, which left us short at the end of last season, but fair play for being decisive. Time will tell on the signings and his tactical nous, but I am far more confident than I was in April!!
    That’s fair as well. I have a bit (just a small bit) more confidence in him than I did when he first came in. He did need to get rid of a lot of players and he obviously didn’t care who was moved on, which in reality wasn’t a bad thing. It’s who he is bringing in to this current team I am more intrigued and concerned with at the same time. Let me see how he gets on down at Parkhead at the weekend as that will give me a better chance to see how we really have changed. I certainly hope it’s for the better.

I didn’t think he deserved an interview, thought he’d made an absolute @rse of taking over & 100% disagree with loaning Tims. That said, he’s done well to move players on, he doesn’t bring everyone back for corners & we played like the Harlem Globetrotters in the one game I’ve been to this season.

I’m totally on board. In Goodwin we trust. Im sure you’re all going to enjoy this upcoming season as much as I am, without me moaning about it. Probably the first in over 20 years. SF, NOSNOS, FTOF, FTPJM, COYFR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I didn’t think he deserved an interview, thought he’d made an absolute @rse of taking over & 100% disagree with loaning Tims. That said, he’s done well to move players on, he doesn’t bring everyone back for corners & we played like the Harlem Globetrotters in the one game I’ve been to this season.

I’m totally on board. In Goodwin we trust. Im sure you’re all going to enjoy this upcoming season as much as I am, without me moaning about it. Probably the first in over 20 years. SF, NOSNOS, FTOF, FTPJM, COYFR!
    Who are you and what have done with Mason89?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Who are you and what have done with Mason89?
    Wow !! Right behind you there Mason.

Being an auld Mannie , I'm not au fair wi some of the acrynoms. What does nosnos stand for ?

'Nice one Simmie..'

F*ck me, we could be onto something good this season if JG has even got the support of Mason.

I heard managers up here were more scared of the vote of no confidence from Mason than they ever were about a confidence vote from the Chairman/Directors.

Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast