+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Ah yes. Hardcore !!!

( Just as an aside , I enjoy seeing all the newcomers being greeted by Simmie. You just know that Goodwin will be whispering in their ear right after " Do you know you've just shaken hands with a Gothenburg Great ...."

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    'Nice one Simmie..'
    Hey min

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt_Scores View Post
    I think that's a fair assessment. He shot himself in the foot a bit by telling so many players they were surplus to requirements early on, which left us short at the end of last season, but fair play for being decisive. Time will tell on the signings and his tactical nous, but I am far more confident than I was in April!!
    Following on from this theme. NO MATTER what happens on Sunday, I`m still going to be optimistic about the Goodwin Era ?

We`ve only seen the new boys/team against lower League opposition. And playing the current Champs, may well be a bit of a shock to their systems ?

The Wycombe Fans were going on about Stewart being a Club Legend for his " they shall not pass " performance v Oxford Utd in a Wembley Play off final ?
    Parkheid will be a wee bit different to that ?!!

So we`ll see.......... Stand Free Loons.

I'll be happy just to come away from Parkhead without any serious injuries.

Obviously there'll be a red card to anyone who stands up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I noticed that also…it was a good interview and it give’s us an insight to know more about Goodwin the person rather than as manager. Sounds a decent guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I noticed that also…it was a good interview and it give’s us an insight to know more about Goodwin the person rather than as manager. Sounds a decent guy.
    Aye, I agree.

This was the bit I liked a lot:

“You can be the best coach, you can put on all these fantastic training sessions, but if you’ve got bang average players to carry out your ideas you’re up against it. I love that side of the game. I spend hours and hours a day looking at a laptop and looking at players. I think we’ve made some shrewd signings."

"bang average players", aye no flies on him when he arrived eh

Very refreshing to hear a Dons manager saying he was very happy with his budget. So fed up hearing manager after manager whinging about not having enough to spend given that they have a really good budget compared to most in Scotland (outwith the two who are given the most by Scottish football authorities)

Can’t say I was impressed by his approach to this match. We got absolutely horsed even though it was 2-0. It should have been a lot more.
    Kjetil Knutsen is still available…..let’s rip up this Goodwin era at Aberdeen FC and bring in someone who can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Can’t say I was impressed by his approach to this match. We got absolutely horsed even though it was 2-0. It should have been a lot more.
    Kjetil Knutsen is still available…..let’s rip up this Goodwin era at Aberdeen FC and bring in someone who can make a difference.
    "Everybody look at me!"

Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast