+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    "Everybody look at me!"
    Don’t like my opinion….good.

Goodwin OUT

Knutsen IN

One game. That's all it took !!!

Why stop at knotsen ? Have you no ambition Sir Alex is free tooAnd reckon we could get Ronaldo in as a player Coach .... Why not, eh ?

Honestly guys it's really just best to ignore him when he comes out with this sort of nonsense rather than bite

C’mon, I can’t be the only one wanting shot of him? We should be going down to Celtic Park and making a better example of ourselves. Currently (and for far too long) we are waving a white flag before we step foot on their pitch. Celtic had the bit between their teeth, they were hungry to win whilst we just made an appearance. Not good enough in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Can’t say I was impressed by his approach to this match. We got absolutely horsed even though it was 2-0. It should have been a lot more.
    Kjetil Knutsen is still available…..let’s rip up this Goodwin era at Aberdeen FC and bring in someone who can make a difference.
    Drivel

Can’t say I was impressed by his approach to this match. We got absolutely horsed even though it was 2-0. It should have been a lot more.
    Kjetil Knutsen is still available…..let’s rip up this Goodwin era at Aberdeen FC and bring in someone who can make a difference.
    Sack the manager after effectively one game with his players? And not even all the players he's apparently going to bring in!

Why not sack all the players too. Oh, wait a minute, we've done that already.

Why not sell our best players for decent money? Oh, wait we've done that already.

Such major changes and before the season is properly underway your reaction is sack the manager?

Put's it into perspective that Celtic sign a Benfica player for £6m and we sign a Benfica reserve for £0.4m. Lets face it, the SFA/ SPFL, who hand out money disproportionately to the cheeks, got exactly the result they wanted on Sunday. Sacking our manager wont change that, he's got to build up from scratch given the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Drivel
    He was hounded off the Hat for " this sort of thing " ? ( Repetitive drivel )

This Site is more like the Bieldside Inn than the Pitt bar ?!!

Knutsen IN

Now there's a team we should be partnering with.

But since he's spent so much , I'll give Goodwin the season to see how he does.

What the management needs though is 'sport psychologists 'who are the ones who can, or should be able to take off the blocks , & allow players to be themselves , rather than be a victim to the influence of a hostile arena , with an affecting negative atmosphere.
    Some managers have the ability to exert a potent suggestive power over their players , Fergie being the best example. Most clubs need outside help.
    Others have mentioned we should be employing a hypnotherapist - far better than run of the mill sports psychology.

Coincidentally , I recently read about Bodo/Glimt - from the club: 'The one thing that everyone agrees on, though, is that none of it would be possible without Bjorn Mannsverk. A former fighter pilot who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and flew missions above Libya, he was hired as the team’s mental coach in 2017'

I find it amazing that (not just on here) Jim Goodwin has such a fan club. The guy has never managed a team in that have finished in the top six….let that sink in. Yes, let’s give him time to make us worse than what the previous manager had us doing. Aberdeen FC as a challenging football club are truly finished. The club gave up long ago and far too many of the fans have accepted being a diddy club.
    A big Boooooooooooooo to the modern day Aberdeen FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Now there's a team we should be partnering with.

But since he's spent so much , I'll give Goodwin the season to see how he does.

What the management needs though is 'sport psychologists 'who are the ones who can, or should be able to take off the blocks , & allow players to be themselves , rather than be a victim to the influence of a hostile arena , with an affecting negative atmosphere.
    Some managers have the ability to exert a potent suggestive power over their players , Fergie being the best example. Most clubs need outside help.
    Others have mentioned we should be employing a hypnotherapist - far better than run of the mill sports psychology.

Coincidentally , I recently read about Bodo/Glimt - from the club: 'The one thing that everyone agrees on, though, is that none of it would be possible without Bjorn Mannsverk. A former fighter pilot who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and flew missions above Libya, he was hired as the team’s mental coach in 2017'
    Good post. We definitely don’t have the correct mentality at Aberdeen (I have said this for years now). It’s like everyone has given up. We could learn a lot from how Bodo/Glimt stepped up a level. We look a million miles away from challenging Celtic for anything. We don’t even make an effort except turning up when a match is on. It’s a poor show.

Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast