+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Best ever at man management, motivation of players being Sir Fergie.
    The late, Neale Cooper being classic example. Sir Fergie was continually telling him he wasnt a football player, his job was to win the ball and give it to our football players, Strachan and Weir, thats how to win games.
    For a week before a timmy game he wound up Cooper telling him how Charlie Nic was going to take p... of him.
    Saturday.. Timmy kick off, ball didnt leave centre circle before Charlie Nic is sent flying by Cooper ..
    Sir Fergie, grinning like cat gives Cooper the thumbs up..
    That is kind of inspiration, man management we need.

That was a classic start to a match, right enough.

The crowd was buzzing by kick off, almost a second later Nicholas was decked.

Would be a sending off now, really should have been then.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Best ever at man management, motivation of players being Sir Fergie.
    The late, Neale Cooper being classic example. Sir Fergie was continually telling him he wasnt a football player, his job was to win the ball and give it to our football players, Strachan and Weir, thats how to win games.
    For a week before a timmy game he wound up Cooper telling him how Charlie Nic was going to take p... of him.
    Saturday.. Timmy kick off, ball didnt leave centre circle before Charlie Nic is sent flying by Cooper ..
    Sir Fergie, grinning like cat gives Cooper the thumbs up..
    That is kind of inspiration, man management we need.
    I try my best to motivate the kids I coach at football (2011’s)…telling them they are coming up against unbeaten teams, teams not let in a goal all season, teams that scouts are watching and teams that won ump**** trophies etc. It works, as you always get a positive response from the players because they themselves know they are good and don’t want anyone to be better than them. It brings a big smile to my face when I see them bang in an early goal and they shout back at me about the opposing team not shutting them out….much to the amusement of the parents and the other coaches. I always believe you need to get a team with the mentality to attack and damage the opposing team. When a team sits back and let’s another team dictate the game is there to be lost. Only a bit of pure luck will win you the game. Don’t let the opposing team play and you will generally win the game. It’s simple really.
    Ferguson was a master at motivating players but at Aberdeen nowadays the main focus is on managing players. That is why we are where we are. The art of knowing how to win anywhere is lost.

Look at this last game though. Richardson gets booked for a good old fashioned shoulder charge on their Captain. Ooh missus, can't have that. Then he's charging in on their box , vaults Greg Taylor , doesn't touch him , Taylor rolls around like he's been shot. Foul to them. ?!! How do you inspire your players to get stuck in when the Ref plays like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Look at this last game though. Richardson gets booked for a good old fashioned shoulder charge on their Captain. Ooh missus, can't have that. Then he's charging in on their box , vaults Greg Taylor , doesn't touch him , Taylor rolls around like he's been shot. Foul to them. ?!! How do you inspire your players to get stuck in when the Ref plays like that ?
    Nick Walsh was in no way to blame for us getting a horsing yesterday. Yes, some decisions were poor but we are that meek and pitiful that it is easy for a referee to give decisions against us. The whole mentality at Aberdeen FC needs changed. Until we change that on the pitch we will be easy to referee.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I try my best to motivate the kids I coach at football (2011’s)…telling them they are coming up against unbeaten teams, teams not let in a goal all season, teams that scouts are watching and teams that won ump**** trophies etc. It works, as you always get a positive response from the players because they themselves know they are good and don’t want anyone to be better than them. It brings a big smile to my face when I see them bang in an early goal and they shout back at me about the opposing team not shutting them out….much to the amusement of the parents and the other coaches. I always believe you need to get a team with the mentality to attack and damage the opposing team. When a team sits back and let’s another team dictate the game is there to be lost. Only a bit of pure luck will win you the game. Don’t let the opposing team play and you will generally win the game. It’s simple really.
    Ferguson was a master at motivating players but at Aberdeen nowadays the main focus is on managing players. That is why we are where we are. The art of knowing how to win anywhere is lost.
    I'm amazed you're not managing Aberdeen, or even a top of the table EPL or La Liga team. How someone of your superior knowledge, who has an understanding of the game and players that is far greater than that of those who have been in professional football most of their lives, has been overlooked for so long is criminal.

And that is what you gleamed from that ,eh ?

You're too good for this us RJ. You should run for PM .

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    And that is what you gleamed from that ,eh ?

You're too good for this us RJ. You should run for PM .
    Behave….my point being it’s about installing a real desire in players (whatever level) to produce the goods that are needed to win. Give them a challenge to prove they are better than who they face as that will motivate them more than telling them to just contain the opposite team.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    I'm amazed you're not managing Aberdeen, or even a top of the table EPL or La Liga team. How someone of your superior knowledge, who has an understanding of the game and players that is far greater than that of those who have been in professional football most of their lives, has been overlooked for so long is criminal.
    Thanks but I am happy winning at the 2011 level. The club might have better luck trying to sound out Kjetil Knutsen. I highly recommend him.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    He’s evidently way below his level at this Management business … his young troops and their parents are in complete awe of his insight and ability. He’ll be snapped up soon and won’t have time for this forum which is full of lesser mortals. Enjoy him while he’s here … closest thing to Sir AF for 36 years.

Page 35 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast