+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    He's won the serb title twice and the Serbian Cup twice. He took Fulham and Watford to promotion to the Premier league. He's also won the Thai league. He's still only 52 despite all that and he's a free agent.
    His success in Serbia was a long time ago (2007-2009) and his title win in Thailand was a decade ago.

He did win promotion to the premier league with Fulham in 2018 though so he might be worth a look at on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    He's won the serb title twice and the Serbian Cup twice. He took Fulham and Watford to promotion to the Premier league. He's also won the Thai league. He's still only 52 despite all that and he's a free agent.
    I meant Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I meant Goodwin
    He nearly got into the top six last season .

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    He nearly got into the top six last season .

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Bump.

No, thank you.
    Totally agree.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60394861

Hopefully, It's just a diversionary tactic to unsettle them , pull them into the bottom half of the league and then get a decent manager in.

Cormack went with the untried left-field appointment and it has been a bit of a disaster and he has quite rightly received dog's abuse for it. He seems to keep in touch with social media so he will be acutely aware of the mocking he has received for defending the "prawcess" of appointing Glass. I think for that very reason he will opt to go down the "safer" appointment of an experienced Scottish based manager this time around. It's just a bit unfortunate timing for us that there really is no manager that has set the heather alight in Scotland over the last couple of seasons in either the Premiership or Championship (Dick Campbell is a bit too old to fit the bill I suspect) so anyone is going to loom like a bit of a meh appointment. Of the likely Scottish candidates Goodwin for me edges it ahead of Ross/Lennon/Alexander/Davidson/Martindale and has the potential to be able to manage at a higher level than he has to date. As always the proof of the pudding etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Cormack went with the untried left-field appointment and it has been a bit of a disaster and he has quite rightly received dog's abuse for it. He seems to keep in touch with social media so he will be acutely aware of the mocking he has received for defending the "prawcess" of appointing Glass. I think for that very reason he will opt to go down the "safer" appointment of an experienced Scottish based manager this time around. It's just a bit unfortunate timing for us that there really is no manager that has set the heather alight in Scotland over the last couple of seasons in either the Premiership or Championship (Dick Campbell is a bit too old to fit the bill I suspect) so anyone is going to loom like a bit of a meh appointment. Of the likely Scottish candidates Goodwin for me edges it ahead of Ross/Lennon/Alexander/Davidson/Martindale and has the potential to be able to manage at a higher level than he has to date. As always the proof of the pudding etc etc
    I think that’s a fair assessment of the current situation.

Seems to be only 4 in contention - going by media sources - Goodwin, Lennon, Lambert and Ross. Don't particularly want any of them tbh.

Goodwin carries the least baggage so in many ways would be the appointment that would give Cormack less initial flack at least.

Being brutally honest though, out of that lot, would Lennon not be the best option?! I dislike the chunt but if we are going on the basis of success as a manager, he is hands down the best of those options.

For the avoidance of doubt I will re-iterate that I don't really want any of them to get the job but am only suggesting Lennon as the best option if it has to be from the 4 being mentioned....

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    Seems to be only 4 in contention - going by media sources - Goodwin, Lennon, Lambert and Ross. Don't particularly want any of them tbh.

Goodwin carries the least baggage so in many ways would be the appointment that would give Cormack less initial flack at least.

Being brutally honest though, out of that lot, would Lennon not be the best option?! I dislike the chunt but if we are going on the basis of success as a manager, he is hands down the best of those options.

For the avoidance of doubt I will re-iterate that I don't really want any of them to get the job but am only suggesting Lennon as the best option if it has to be from the 4 being mentioned....
    Of those 4 it would be Goodwin for me.

Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast