+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    "People should give credit to our manager’ says Aberdeen’s Matty Kennedy who backs Jim Goodwin to get Reds back ‘on fire"

"Kennedy said: “Every game is massive now.

“We spoke in the dressing room afterwards about going to Kilmarnock and we just need to stick together and stay positive.

“Eventually things will go our way again.

“We were absolutely flying before that five-week break and people tend to forget about how good we were then.

“We were on fire for the first part of the season and I’m sure we’ll get back to that.”

A fair amount to pick apart in there, I would say.
    When players need to be sent forward and speak up for their manager means all is not well at the club. The manager isn’t particularly liked that much now and the pressure is starting to show. Cormack will be praying that we get something positive against Kilmarnock but I honestly reckon he will be happy with a draw (anything but a defeat). Goodwin isn’t rated by the players and that is evident no matter what they babble to the press. Actions speak louder than words and the reality is the team on the pitch can talk louder than anyone by showing what they can do for their gaffer. I fancy Kilmarnock to beat us…simply for the reason Derek McInnes is a far better manager than Jim Goodwin. He certainly wasn’t my favourite Aberdeen manager but he was better than the current incumbent in charge.
    We can make all the excuses we want about missed chances and bad luck etc….you as a team play for the full match no matter how long it lasts. If you hit the bar and post numerous times it’s because your shooting isn’t accurate enough so you have failed in that respect. If you keep making mistakes and get consistently picked then that is bad management.
    Goodwin is done….it’s only a matter of time before the inevitable happens. It’s the responsibility of the chairman to decide if he fixes the problem sooner rather than letting the failure continue and slump along.

"On fire.....".

Gies peace min.

Players should just keep their mouths shut when they can't even engage their brains before speaking. As above "on fire"? Kennedy be as well just sh1t on everyone's dinner plates rather than letting it come out his mouth. If he honestly believes that then it is no wonder we are as bad as everyone else.
    We have had some good results, at home only, but we have certainly not dominated many games for long periods and we certainly are fairly reliable for giving away a goal or two. The bar at our club is not very high at present. Kennedy is proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Players should just keep their mouths shut when they can't even engage their brains before speaking. As above "on fire"? Kennedy be as well just sh1t on everyone's dinner plates rather than letting it come out his mouth. If he honestly believes that then it is no wonder we are as bad as everyone else.
    We have had some good results, at home only, but we have certainly not dominated many games for long periods and we certainly are fairly reliable for giving away a goal or two. The bar at our club is not very high at present. Kennedy is proof of that.
    Yes a player that has played with 11 different clubs in his 12 seasons as a professional player tells us exactly where our bar is currently set

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    When players need to be sent forward and speak up for their manager means all is not well at the club. The manager isn’t particularly liked that much now and the pressure is starting to show. Cormack will be praying that we get something positive against Kilmarnock but I honestly reckon he will be happy with a draw (anything but a defeat). Goodwin isn’t rated by the players and that is evident no matter what they babble to the press. Actions speak louder than words and the reality is the team on the pitch can talk louder than anyone by showing what they can do for their gaffer. I fancy Kilmarnock to beat us…simply for the reason Derek McInnes is a far better manager than Jim Goodwin. He certainly wasn’t my favourite Aberdeen manager but he was better than the current incumbent in charge.
    We can make all the excuses we want about missed chances and bad luck etc….you as a team play for the full match no matter how long it lasts. If you hit the bar and post numerous times it’s because your shooting isn’t accurate enough so you have failed in that respect. If you keep making mistakes and get consistently picked then that is bad management.
    Goodwin is done….it’s only a matter of time before the inevitable happens. It’s the responsibility of the chairman to decide if he fixes the problem sooner rather than letting the failure continue and slump along.
    And to think you spent years trying to convince us all that we could easily replace McInnes with a manager who would meet your standards.

What an absolute arse you make of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    And to think you spent years trying to convince us all that we could easily replace McInnes with a manager who would meet your standards.

What an absolute arse you make of yourself
    Nice try.

If Aberdeen would just hire me I could easily pick a far more exciting and talented manager to take our club forward. It’s a pity that Cormack, Milne, Gunn etc can’t pick one between them. I won’t come cheap though…..I know better than them the type of manager we need for the club. I wouldn’t fail, as I am fussy with who we should employ. For good measure if they hire me i will pick us up a new captain to inspire and demand standards of the rest of the team.
    It’s time the northern lights were switched on again.

Replacement captain already here.
    Ramadani is more than able, he is the one continually talking, getting in referees faces etc.

McInnes was a boring ärsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    McInnes was a boring ärsehole.
    Couldn’t agree more x

Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast