+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    As much as I agree with you that the players threw Goodwin under a bus.It’s been obvious for a while they stopped playing for him even though Goodwin and Cormack denied this all week.

The problem I have the about that is that it just shows how much the players care about the fans,1700 fans went down today and the players have pretty much decided they aren’t going to try for them today because they don’t like the manager.

People are paying their hard earned money to watch these guys week in week out and they put in performances like that because they aren’t happy with their manager,just goes to show you this whole celebration with the red shed when they score is nothing more than an act.
    Aye, these flocking snowflakes seem to forget who pays their wages. Paid wages in return for 100% effort EVERY game. Regardless of who their boss is. Gutted that our club is tolerating this level of sh1te from well paid snowflakes. I'm sure other clubs that they may aspire to have noticed whats going on. Barstewards stealing supporters money under totally false pretences. 😣💩❄

A few I’d say tried, including Hayes and McRorie. I think this is the biggest shambles at the Club I can recall going back more decades than I care to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    A few I’d say tried, including Hayes and McRorie. I think this is the biggest shambles at the Club I can recall going back more decades than I care to remember!
    I agree ... but thought Duk also put in a shift - in fact more of a shift than should hae been required due tae the blatant lack o' support he was offered when on the ball. That was one major aspect of the game which had me wondering if some of our team were throwin' the game tae get shot o' JG.
    Hope Ah'm wrang, and surely Ah must be .... but if it comes oot that any Dons player acted in anyway tae facilitate the likelihood o' a defeat, they need tae be got tae f()ck.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Hope Ah'm wrang, and surely Ah must be .... but if it comes oot that any Dons player acted in anyway tae facilitate the likelihood o' a defeat, they need tae be got tae f()ck.
    Based on what I’ve seen this last week / 10 days the only ones I’d keep are McCrorie (nae a world beater but never hid) Shinnie (we ken he gets it. He needs to get up to speed) and Duk.

Hayes is done. He’s been a great servant though so deserves put out to pasture gracefully.

The rest can absolutely GTF. Not one of them should stay a moment longer than necessary to get them replaced.

Players get off far too easy. That level of disrespect to our club, our shirt and our support is unforgivable - not that any of them will give two fuucks about it…

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Hayes is (eventually) past it.
    McCrorie is a hun.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Aye, these flocking snowflakes seem to forget who pays their wages. Paid wages in return for 100% effort EVERY game. Regardless of who their boss is. Gutted that our club is tolerating this level of sh1te from well paid snowflakes. I'm sure other clubs that they may aspire to have noticed whats going on. Barstewards stealing supporters money under totally false pretences. 😣💩❄
    I doubt other clubs will be that bothered by what we perceive as a downing of tools. That might happen with individual players who appear to have a bad attitude or poor work ethic...usually throughout their career...but when an entire team fails to function so spectacularly, they'll look at the manager and the club in general. Do you think Jurgen Klopp will decide to bin Clarkson because Hibs beat us 6-0? He'll make his own judgement on his ability...that's all. Some pundits might lay into them but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    McCrorie is a hun.
    McCrorie is one of the few players who visibly tries to a noticeable level

He's constantly being pissed around in different positions - for me he's better in midfield, he's not a very good defender, Goodwin said he was a midfielder and started him there, it was only due to the utterly pathetic options in defensive positions and the complete inability of any of the current fullbacks at the club to actually defend he got moved back into defence

Plus the fact the club continued to sign fluffy dainty little 'attacking' midfielder types , most of them being borderline midgets that also contributed to shifting McCroie back into a defensive position just to fit him in the team

That's what i don't get, all the money that was spent on wingers and midfielders, the club even went and signed another dainty central attacking midfielder type in January when any budget remaining absoluetly shoud have been used to correct the utter ****show for a back 4 the club has

The lack of defensive attributes in the squad is laughably bad recruitment . and that's at the hands of Cormack, because he was the one who thought he could just import the Atlanta soccer style of management to the club with a director of football overseeing the signings and the manager just sayin the wants this type of player or that type of player leaving it to Gunn and Mowbray - it started with Glass, continued with Goodwin and will continue with the next manager who will be a puppet who has to play the players the club signs

And i am not saying it's a bad model, it works , but the recruitment has to be bang on, and you start with any team building a foundation at the back - being hard to beat, we signed a left back on loan- purley to develop him for and old firm team, and payed him in a position he is not suitable for, hes a full back at best, signed a player who has spent all his career for Wycome in league 1, and 2 wingbacks who have absolutley no idea how to defend, a 5 year old can tell you whats wrong with the team
    Last edited by LongDistanceRed; 29-01-2023 at 04:17 PM.

I think a lot of people are thinking that Liam Scales is a left back because Willie Miller said he was on the radio.

I think Willie is assuming he is a left back because he was used as one when he played for Celtic last season.

If you look at his career when he was playing in Ireland he has played most of his games as a centre back so I would say he is a centre back.

He’s just not a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    McCrorie is a hun.
    McCrorie should be booted out the door…he gives up too easily and can’t read a game to save himself. He isn’t a good midfielder, he is useless in central defence and is truly woeful at right back.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McCrorie should be booted out the door…he gives up too easily and can’t read a game to save himself. He isn’t a good midfielder, he is useless in central defence and is truly woeful at right back.
    I guess the law of averages says I'd eventually agree with one of your posts. The third goal yesterday when he was pushed off the ball by a streak of piss typified his "defending". His bombing up the wing usually ends up in a cul-de-sac as he can't pick out a cross, can't shoot so usually passes to Kennedy who will bring the ball back all the way to Stewart or Scales.

Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast