+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    I guess the law of averages says I'd eventually agree with one of your posts. The third goal yesterday when he was pushed off the ball by a streak of piss typified his "defending". His bombing up the wing usually ends up in a cul-de-sac as he can't pick out a cross, can't shoot so usually passes to Kennedy who will bring the ball back all the way to Stewart or Scales.
    He is a quick, powerful runner, but the technical side of his game is poor. He is no defender and lacks skills for the middle of the park.
    I suspect if he hadn't been at the hun in his career, he would get a tougher time from pundits and fans alike.

Far from our worst though, which is more worrying.

Possible a run in a position would help.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

Possible a run in a position would help.
    As a sub, that would be a good start.

Vinny has given an interview which says there was a issue between him and Goodwin and would possibly still be with us if Jim had gone earlier.

Apologies for the source.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...turn-29458692#

So, was he the only one that Goodwin took a dislike to?

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Probably not, but I know for a fact that he regards and treats Red John like a son.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Probably not, but I know for a fact that he regards and treats Red John like a son.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Since I am older than Goodwin that would be difficult. I suppose at the end of the day I can hold my head up high and state that I told you all he would fail as a Dons manager before he took his first game in charge. Too many wrong uns at the club in key positions to suggest the club as a whole could pick or even get a decent manager to work under that current regime. No football manager worth their salt would take instructions from Steven Gunn ( a glamourised receptionist) and Alan Burrows (an absolute nobody that I still don’t see what he done at Motherwell that lit the place up). We are going to appoint Barry Robson for that reason.
    Aberdeen FC are currently a farce of a football club. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians come to mind. I know as a person who wants our current predicament that we find ourselves in to change, that I will be majorly disappointed in who we appoint as manager. The chiefs above said manager won’t pick a stronger character and a driven manager….they all would be found out by that person within a fortnight of taking up the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I know Goodwin didn’t like Joe Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We are going to appoint Barry Robson for that reason.
    With Neil Lennon as his assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    With Neil Lennon as his assistant.
    Joking aside….I am starting to doubt my contacts who both said Lennon was in pole position to get the job.

Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast