+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    So, was he the only one that Goodwin took a dislike to?
    I still think Goodwin got rid of one of the best penalty box striker we've had in a long time he was certainly a cut above Miovski IMO. Christian Ramirez. Why JG never took to him as a striker and basically treated him like sh1t on his shoes says more about Goodwin than it does about Ramirez.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    I still think Goodwin got rid of one of the best penalty box striker we've had in a long time he was certainly a cut above Miovski IMO. Christian Ramirez. Why JG never took to him as a striker and basically treated him like sh1t on his shoes says more about Goodwin than it does about Ramirez.

With the benfit of hindsight, Goodwin was an obstinate and stubborn one. cocksure in his own judgement and opinion .

Which is fine when you are a footballing genius, like S.A.F became. But not with this fellow ?

He clearly didn`t want other peoples players. So marginalised Ramirez , and the Considine situation MAY be considered on in a slightly different light too now ??

none of that would have mattered SO much if his own pick of players had been up to Aberdeen`s expected standard. Which none of them seem to be ? ( Although shoot me for it, but I thought Morris looked like a winger with real potential . The five minutes game time I saw of him. Huh, what do I know ?!! )

And even now, just today I`ve seen a Goodwin interview wher he is spouting the same confident pesh talking about his Dundee Utd side. Words & soundbites sound marvellous. But I very much doubt he`ll be able to walk the talk. Or whitever !!

Ramirez was a sulking man child who Goodwin allowed to go on his holidays even before last season ended,I would imagine his days were numbered as soon as he asked to go back to America early.

Considine got offered a new 1 year deal and turned it down because him and his agent thought he deserved a 2 year deal,from what I’ve heard from St Johnstone fans he is done and they are hoping he won’t be there next season.

Besuijen is saying he never got an explanation to how he wasn’t getting a game,I would imagine it’s because Duk is better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    With the benfit of hindsight, Goodwin was an obstinate and stubborn one. cocksure in his own judgement and opinion .

Which is fine when you are a footballing genius, like S.A.F became. But not with this fellow ?

He clearly didn`t want other peoples players. So marginalised Ramirez , and the Considine situation MAY be considered on in a slightly different light too now ??

none of that would have mattered SO much if his own pick of players had been up to Aberdeen`s expected standard. Which none of them seem to be ? ( Although shoot me for it, but I thought Morris looked like a winger with real potential . The five minutes game time I saw of him. Huh, what do I know ?!! )

And even now, just today I`ve seen a Goodwin interview wher he is spouting the same confident pesh talking about his Dundee Utd side. Words & soundbites sound marvellous. But I very much doubt he`ll be able to walk the talk. Or whitever !!
    You’ve made some good points, in my view. I think that Goodwin isn’t particularly intelligent, judging him on what comes out of his mouth. He never seems to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Ramirez was a sulking man child who Goodwin allowed to go on his holidays even before last season ended,I would imagine his days were numbered as soon as he asked to go back to America early.

Considine got offered a new 1 year deal and turned it down because him and his agent thought he deserved a 2 year deal,from what I’ve heard from St Johnstone fans he is done and they are hoping he won’t be there next season.

Besuijen is saying he never got an explanation to how he wasn’t getting a game,I would imagine it’s because Duk is better than him.
    And all that is true too.

BUT,.. Do you think now , with our improved understanding of the character of Goodwin , that a smarter man could have got different results from each of those situations ?

Ramirez. Hung out to dry up front . My memory was of him running about like a mad thing to try and make some impact on a game. Right enough though his face showed his emotions. In the bigger picture Goodwin couldn't get a tune out of the whole team he inherited

Considine. Was there any negotiation involved here ? Seemed like it was take it or leave it , and Whoosh. Out you go. Certainly couldn't say he was a safer defending option than his replacement as ?

Besuijin. Just poor poor man management ? One size fits all , my way or. ....

Just my unknowing opinions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    And all that is true too.

BUT,.. Do you think now , with our improved understanding of the character of Goodwin , that a smarter man could have got different results from each of those situations ?

Ramirez. Hung out to dry up front . My memory was of him running about like a mad thing to try and make some impact on a game. Right enough though his face showed his emotions. In the bigger picture Goodwin couldn't get a tune out of the whole team he inherited

Considine. Was there any negotiation involved here ? Seemed like it was take it or leave it , and Whoosh. Out you go. Certainly couldn't say he was a safer defending option than his replacement as ?

Besuijin. Just poor poor man management ? One size fits all , my way or. ....

Just my unknowing opinions of course.
    Didn’t Ramirez have a meltdown on Twitter when Glass was sacked?

I got the impression he was going to down tools whoever took over from Glass which he more or less did.

Still not sure why Considine thought he deserved a 2 year deal?

He was a 35 year old who just came back from a serious injury,plus the deals he had been signing since he turned 30 were 1 year deals so why all of a sudden want a 2 year deal?

Besuijen seems like a decent player to me but he’s not a winger so you have to play him through the middle,unfortunately we have better players than him in those positions at the moment.

Ross County manager Malky Mackay believes Dundee United counterpart Jim Goodwin would still be in charge of Aberdeen had the Dons players performed better for him.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65238556

Nothing gets by him.

Ross County manager Malky Mackay believes Dundee United counterpart Jim Goodwin would still be in charge of Aberdeen had the Dons players performed better for him.

Nothing gets by him.
    Well, that racist cûnt can fûck right off to fûck, via upper fück, outer fûck and keep going.

Nothing gets by him.
    Just saw that headline. Right up there with the all time great insights that. What an absolute bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Just saw that headline. Right up there with the all time great insights that. What an absolute bellend.
    Yes. Just think, if we`d won ALL of our games, we`d be top of the League !!!!

He`s a feckin genuis .........

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast