+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Asked on the wrong thread this morning, but how long does he get to turn things around and what do we see as improvement next season?

I personally think next season won't be great having to bed in so many new players, but I would expect the top 6 at the very least. I think if we begin next season as we finished off this season I think he could be out of a job by the time the tattie holidays come around.

This time last week I wanted him out, but it looks as though there is zero chance of that happening, so what else to do now but back him. But I predict a disaster of a league cup group with at least one humiliating result and he's gonna be on a shoogly peg from then on. In other words another season spent watching AFC's manager under severe pressure and fighting fires on all fronts every few weeks (from media as well as from within) and that elusive "corner" is never turned.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    This time last week I wanted him out, but it looks as though there is zero chance of that happening, so what else to do now but back him. But I predict a disaster of a league cup group with at least one humiliating result and he's gonna be on a shoogly peg from then on. In other words another season spent watching AFC's manager under severe pressure and fighting fires on all fronts every few weeks (from media as well as from within) and that elusive "corner" is never turned.
    That disna mak sense min.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    That was some backing!? 😢

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...s-next-season/

No comparisons, thank you.
    Bodes well for the type of football we can look forward to.

I don't automatically think it means we will be playing hoofball, more the fact that Hearts have had a decent season back in the top league and could top it off with a trophy.

I don't think many of us would grumble too much if we did the same next year and as I have said before I doubt he was taken on without discussions about how the team will play.

Looking forward to the new season if being honest.

Yip
    Looking forward to a new season is a default setting.
    After all, it’s nearly a week since we has a s’hite result.

New players to see etc. etc.

As long as he doesn’t come out with s’hite like he’s going to build his team around Kennedy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...s-next-season/

No comparisons, thank you.
    Bodes well for the type of football we can look forward to.
    He is trying to talk himself into getting sacked

I see Joe Harper has said that Goodwin should be given a chance next season once he has his own players in instead of judging him just now with the sh1t he inherited.

King Joey talking sense on that one,complete opposite to the pish spouted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Aye it does min. To me. But I can see how second part might be seen as a bit clumsy. Following poor show in league cup manager's gonna be under pressure from media guys and by extention his chairman from get go. A decent result or two every 10 games or so will lead to positive quotes how "we've turned the corner". But its never enough, and the corner is never turned, just like it wasnt in 94-95, and the manger eventually gets sacked. See?

Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast