+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Can we call Goodwin Jim GoodYin, & i see he's been saying today' judge me in 12 months, so it could be Jim BadYin in 12 month's if he gets that long.
    12 months ffs he should not get another 12 days never mind months ffs, utter disaster of an appointment

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    12 months ffs he should not get another 12 day ..
    I'll give him 12 seconds if Bates & Gallagher are still here.

12 months ffs he should not get another 12 days never mind months ffs, utter disaster of an appointment
    We must have had a list of candidates for the job but somehow ended up with a buffoon who couldn’t even accomplish a top six finish with St.Mirren and now Aberdeen. Not managing it with Aberdeen should be a sacking offence. A decent manager would have easily achieved that when Goodwin started his tenure.

well fk me I just listened to his post match and cannot believe that he honestly thinks in his own words that he "enjoyed good success at St Midden with the quality of some of the players he brought in there and he aims to do the same with us" holy fkn cr@p we are well and truly doomed if that is the approach he is taking.
    Get that clown to fk away from our club and sort things out once and for all, or it really will be too late and staring the championship in the face.

Some extreme views on Goodwin in here already, worrying. Not that they don't resemble slight truth, I think time still needs to be given to him. I like his cutthroat approach to dead weight and his honesty in addressing those situations. He needs his own players and time to mould a team but I feel like he's already short on time to get all of that sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Some extreme views on Goodwin in here already, worrying. Not that they don't resemble slight truth, I think time still needs to be given to him. I like his cutthroat approach to dead weight and his honesty in addressing those situations. He needs his own players and time to mould a team but I feel like he's already short on time to get all of that sorted.
    A very poor start to his Aberdeen management career but to succeed he’ll need good players who want to be here, with the right attitude, at the right price, quite a number of them and soon, in order to hit the ground running come August. I think he’ll get us in and around top six as we go through next season but anything less before Xmas time and it will be curtains for him, I fear.

well fk me I just listened to his post match and cannot believe that he honestly thinks in his own words that he "enjoyed good success at St Midden with the quality of some of the players he brought in there and he aims to do the same with us" holy fkn cr@p we are well and truly doomed if that is the approach he is taking.
    Get that clown to fk away from our club and sort things out once and for all, or it really will be too late and staring the championship in the face.
    I agree, the quicker we get him out the door the better. No point wasting more time, resources and money trying to flog a dead horse when ultimately he will fail anyway. Cormack, Gunn and Milne shouldn’t be allowed to appoint us another manager. Their record is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    A very poor start to his Aberdeen management career but to succeed he’ll need good players who want to be here, with the right attitude, at the right price, quite a number of them and soon, in order to hit the ground running come August. I think he’ll get us in and around top six as we go through next season but anything less before Xmas time and it will be curtains for him, I fear.
    Another slightly worrying aspect of the Goodwin management team, is that there isn’t one.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Exactly - for the love of fuuck the boy deserves a chance.

Pound for pound, thats probably the worst squad I've ever seen, absolutely dreadful. Pep would struggle with that.

Let him get his own players, implement his own system and then if it doesn’t work - fair enough call for his head. To do so now is frankly ridiculous.

That said, I absolutely have my doubts about him. The lack of any new manager bounce at all, the baffling substitutions and selections - persisting with Bates & Gallagher for example - the failure to address and improve the defence (see previous point) etc.

His decision to tell the dead wood it was going clearly didn’t work. That could be classed as naïve, though I doubt those useless, spineless fuucks would have played any better if they’d been told they were playing for new deals tbh.

All deeply concerning, no doubt.

His honeymoon is over and he will be judged very quickly next season after this last 12 odd games, so he has very little wriggle room left for mistakes.

He deserves the chance though.

One positive? Red John has written him off so theres every chance he’ll come good based on that…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Exactly - for the love of fuuck the boy deserves a chance.

Pound for pound, thats probably the worst squad I've ever seen, absolutely dreadful. Pep would struggle with that.

Let him get his own players, implement his own system and then if it doesn’t work - fair enough call for his head. To do so now is frankly ridiculous.

That said, I absolutely have my doubts about him. The lack of any new manager bounce at all, the baffling substitutions and selections - persisting with Bates & Gallagher for example - the failure to address and improve the defence (see previous point) etc.

His decision to tell the dead wood it was going clearly didn’t work. That could be classed as naïve, though I doubt those useless, spineless fuucks would have played any better if they’d been told they were playing for new deals tbh.

All deeply concerning, no doubt.

His honeymoon is over and he will be judged very quickly next season after this last 12 odd games, so he has very little wriggle room left for mistakes.

He deserves the chance though.

One positive? Red John has written him off so theres every chance he’ll come good based on that…
    Completely agree with this. I would just add that getting a full pre-season to properly land how he wants the team to play and to get them fit enough to play the pressing game he apparently wants to play should also help him.

He will be judged on his first four games as unless we qualify out of the League Cup stages, ideally as one of the three seeded teams, he may already be a dead man walking with the fans

Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast