+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jim Goodwin

Is he worth a shout as McInnes' replacement? He is 40 years old and did really well at Alloa where with a part time team ( the only one in the Championship), he reached the play-offs in the Championship and kept them up in the time he was there. He has probably a third of our budget at St Mirren and has beaten both halves of the Old Firm in recent weeks something McInnes has failed to do on more occasions than I care to remember. He must be able to motivate the players and I think he would be worth giving a try.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Is he worth a shout as McInnes' replacement? He is 40 years old and did really well at Alloa where with a part time team ( the only one in the Championship), he reached the play-offs in the Championship and kept them up in the time he was there. He has probably a third of our budget at St Mirren and has beaten both halves of the Old Firm in recent weeks something McInnes has failed to do on more occasions than I care to remember. He must be able to motivate the players and I think he would be worth giving a try.
    Without a doubt. The number 1 candidate in my opinion.

Plays good football. Shoestring budget. Good eye for a player. Young and ambitious. Intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Without a doubt. The number 1 candidate in my opinion.

Plays good football. Shoestring budget. Good eye for a player. Young and ambitious. Intelligent
    Goodwin would be one of my choices as well but from what I have seen from the few games I have watched St Mirren there football is as dire as ours.

You can’t play good football in the SPFL,managers that try to never last very long.

Some of us forward thinking posters championed him a few years back

His assistant is also a friend. I'd fully expect to be dishing out insider info soon.

Football friend

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Football friend

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Some of us forward thinking posters championed him a few years back

His assistant is also a friend. I'd fully expect to be dishing out insider info soon.
    I heard he was particularly bad at training. Any inside info to put my mind at rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I heard he was particularly bad at training. Any inside info to put my mind at rest?
    Not doubting the honesty of your source but how can he be bad at training? Did he forget his whistle on the first day? Did he make them watch an old 80's health and safety video?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not doubting the honesty of your source but how can he be bad at training? Did he forget his whistle on the first day? Did he make them watch an old 80's health and safety video?
    I don’t know to be fair, suppose all players have their preferences about how they train. Just heard the two of them were shyte at taking it.

Is a f*cking spud but he thinks he isn’t. Proper Jimmy Calderwood thick but more articulate

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast