+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

I watched them all again during lockdown. I was a brickie in Germany in the 90s and the first series was bang on the money, so well made. Every episode without fail triggers at least one laugh out loud "that really f u c k in happened!!" moment. Oz was obviously everybody's favourite back in the day, but now I have to say mine is the rock that was Dennis. Series 2 was clearly inferior, although Ally Fraser an absolute stand out. I found Oz a pretty unlikable character in series 2 tbh.

Ah've seen as much as a fraction o' an episode ... so cheers guys .... superb endorsement ..... Ah'll stick it on ma 'waatch' list.

I wonder how our non lazy recruitment is going. It’s good that we are stepping up a few gears in our drive to sign players from far and wide. The days of loans from Celtic etc will obviously be a thing of the past and I imagine Goodchin won’t be relying on his former players at St.Mirren to come in and try to make us a top 6 team again.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I wonder how our non lazy recruitment is going. It’s good that we are stepping up a few gears in our drive to sign players from far and wide. The days of loans from Celtic etc will obviously be a thing of the past and I imagine Goodchin won’t be relying on his former players at St.Mirren to come in and try to make us a top 6 team again.
    Still no news from Club about our Albanian signing ?

Has it died a death as BB thinks ?

Or is it just because he`s got 2 or 3 International games to play before coming over for the " Scarf over the head " photo ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Still no news from Club about our Albanian signing ?

Has it died a death as BB thinks ?

Or is it just because he`s got 2 or 3 International games to play before coming over for the " Scarf over the head " photo ?
    Where is the picture of him with the scarf above his head? Can’t possibly have signed until i see the evidence!

He’s playing against Israel just now.
    Presumably will need a bit of a break before pre season begins.

Also the move from Budapest to Aberdeen to organise.

I’ve no idea if he’s a family man but if he is he’ll be trying to persuade his wife to pack up the kids and get moving.

So, he’s going to be pretty busy, but I’m sure we will see the scarf above the heid photo in time.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’ve no idea if he’s a family man but if he is he’ll be trying to persuade his wife to pack up the kids and get moving.
    I'm sure Mrs Ramirez can give him some pointers on moving his family if he's got one ;-D

Just quick thought.
    What is everybody's up to date opinion on him now?
    I'm liking the signings and the noises being made.
    Has he been lucky due to the money we have taken in this summer to enable him to bring in players that we probably couldn't have?
    I like this new recruitment, spread net further and bringing in players with potentially excellent sell on values while continuing to bring through home grown talent
    Genuinely looking forward to this season and seeing this team develop.
    Yes we will most likely sell one or two at end of season, but if AFC can continue to this process, it augurs well for future.
    Roll on Sunday, COYR, heid first

We've definitely had worse close seasons for signings.
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

I want to be optimistic but I will wait and see the state of play after the first round of fixtures. I still reckon he (Goodwin) won’t see out the season.

Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast