+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vaccination certificates

Vaccination certificates

I received my covid vaccine today at my GP surgery, and my wife received hers at Caird Hall yesterday.
    Both of us asked about a personal record of the vaccination, both answers were similar, nothing in the pipeline at the moment.
    I think if you need a copy ,or cert, eg to book a flight, you will need to apply to your surgery for copies.
    No doubt there will be a charge for this service, let's say, £10 per cert, two Certs per person,
    There's £40 before you book your flight.
    I have a vaccination record book which I needed when working abroad and was issued by the same surgery.
    All vaccinations in the book are dated and signed by a RGN nurse, so the nurse agreed to sign and date today's jab.
    The shows records of various vaccines, eg polio, Typhoid, Bilharszia, yellow fever etc.
    I still have the book because some vaccines last for ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I received my covid vaccine today at my GP surgery, and my wife received hers at Caird Hall yesterday.
    Both of us asked about a personal record of the vaccination, both answers were similar, nothing in the pipeline at the moment.
    I think if you need a copy ,or cert, eg to book a flight, you will need to apply to your surgery for copies.
    No doubt there will be a charge for this service, let's say, £10 per cert, two Certs per person,
    There's £40 before you book your flight.
    I have a vaccination record book which I needed when working abroad and was issued by the same surgery.
    All vaccinations in the book are dated and signed by a RGN nurse, so the nurse agreed to sign and date today's jab.
    The shows records of various vaccines, eg polio, Typhoid, Bilharszia, yellow fever etc.
    I still have the book because some vaccines last for ten years.
    Good call Deecom, I too have my vaccinations book due to trips to Brazil and India particularly. I will
    Look it out for Covid jag time, so probably got a good year to find it 😊

Noticed that British Airways are going to do a trial with a phone app, which allows you to book your flights and download your
    Vaccination certificates at the same time.
    Might be wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if the NHS will also have a phone app, where you can contact your GP surgery
    And after putting in your relevant details, you then have access to your vaccination certificates only, which you can download FOC.

I won't be going anywhere this year, but there will be a time and place when someone will ask for a copy of my vaccinations.!

Should be a paper based option available. Go along with your passport and get it stamped. Think that was the way it used to be done if you were going to country that required special jabs. Easy to do when you back for your second jab.

Remember when I was in South Africa, had to go to a clinic for vaccinations, got 4 jabs in the space of an hour, then my passport was stamped. My arms were hanging off, but still managed to get on the bevy afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Remember when I was in South Africa, had to go to a clinic for vaccinations, got 4 jabs in the space of an hour, then my passport was stamped. My arms were hanging off, but still managed to get on the bevy afterwards.
    Must have been some STD!!

Re the phone app for vaccine certificates, I think some big brains are developing that now, there will be a few trying for it.

Whoever developed first, it means big bucks, because if you travel , you will need it for airlines, hotels, etc.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)