+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgusting behaviour by irresponsible idiots at an illegal party in Sheffield.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    You certainly know how to kiss arse
    District 12 as its known at Silverwood. Brin couldnt get further up with his Dosco.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I'd just like to sneak this post into this thread seeing as most of the interesting posters have contributed to it.

I'm sorry if some of my posts have been a bit weird lately, but I went totally deaf due to an allergic reaction and the hearing doc decided to put me on 6 full strength steroid tablets every day for two weeks whilst injecting cortisone steroid directly into my cochlea every day too; It sent me a bit doollally (which he said it would, but reckoned I'm a stable enough guy to cope). I was hoovering at 3am some nights lol

Anyway, it worked and my hearing is back, and now normal service is resumed :-)
    Do you remember posting a picture of yourself naked on a speed boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I think there is going to be a generation of blaming lockdown for anxiety.
    I think there will be a couple of generations who will be entirely justified in pointing to the impact of Covid upon their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Absolutely. Its totally ludicrous the Gov expect teachers and staff and nursery staff to work without priority vaccinations.

It cant be a coincidence the second surge started when scools and unis went back last Sept and that the hot spots where uni cities.
    Who are you going to take off the priority list in oder to make room for the teachers? When everything is a priority nothing is a priority.

I agree that the return to school and universities in September are likely to have driven the prevalance of Covid, but I don't see how vaccinating teachers assists with that. Vaccinating one person in a class of around 30 is not going to prevent transmission.

I think the issue here is that the vaccination programme and its priority list is designed to save lives, not to provide Labour with a sound bite with which to appease the teaching unions and attempt to garner support from the public. I agree that when the clinically most at risk have been vaccinated then it will be desirable to look at at-risk occupations. Teachers would be well down that list. According to the ONS a sample of death rates are:

Restaurant managers 119 deaths per 100 000
    Machine operatives: 106
    Taxi drivers: 101
    Nurses: 79 - (now vaccinated)
    Bus drivers 70

Teachers 39.2

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What is up with the youngsters today? South Yorkshire Police raided an illegal party where up to 150 young people had congregated at an illegal gathering. Do they not know what sacrifices our National Health staff are performing in caring for people with covid? I am so angry and seething at their crass behaviour.

I could line them up and birch the lot....several times! The organiser has got a £10,000 fine. Great, fine him AND JAIL HIM! They have to be the thickest f.uck wits on this planet today.

Police are searching video evidence in order to identify those who attended and are looking to make further £800 fixed penalty fines which several have now received. Make it more severe than that, double the fine!

God give me strength to calm down on this one
    What happened to political threads being on the other board?

I remember in the early days of the virus the government was begging people to stay home and not visit family on mothers day, there was one poster who proudly declared that they knew better and were going to do it anyway. Something about feeling fit and healthy and so the rules didn't seem to apply to them. God knows where the younger generation are taking their lead from.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    What happened to political threads being on the other board?

I remember in the early days of the virus the government was begging people to stay home and not visit family on mothers day, there was one poster who proudly declared that they knew better and were going to do it anyway. Something about feeling fit and healthy and so the rules didn't seem to apply to them. God knows where the younger generation are taking their lead from.
    Go on then I'll have a nibble for you to make you feel better

Where is this a political thread? Point 2, I think you were shot down by CTMilller as to the valid reasons why I visited my beloved Mum.

Have a nice day best you can but wrap up warm if you're going out as it's very cold, wet and windy. If you do go out will it be for a legitimate reason or, do you still pine and hunger for your uni days and want to support these reckless idiots by being a naughty person?

Is it right to bring students into this? My understanding is that university students id not retrun after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Go on then I'll have a nibble for you to make you feel better

Where is this a political thread? Point 2, I think you were shot down by CTMilller as to the valid reasons why I visited my beloved Mum.

Have a nice day best you can but wrap up warm if you're going out as it's very cold, wet and windy. If you do go out will it be for a legitimate reason or, do you still pine and hunger for your uni days and want to support these reckless idiots by being a naughty person?
    Of course this is political. What planet are you on? What do you think political discussion actually is?

We live in different worlds. If I go out today it will be to play beach volleyball or tennis in tshirt and shorts.

CT might have made valid reasons why the tone of my response was overly harsh, but the simple fact was the government explicity asked people to not go and visit elderly relatives, and in a defiant tone, you declared that you felt fit and well and so "I for one" am not going to follow the advice. That is the facts.

My point is that in questioning why certain people behave in certain ways, maybe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Don't see Kerr Avon for ages
    Don't see John2 for ages

Then we get them both in the same thread.

I think I might give Jolly a nudge

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Don't see Kerr Avon for ages
    Don't see John2 for ages

Then we get them both in the same thread.

I think I might give Jolly a nudge
    Almost as if there’s a trigger system.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast