+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Havant & Waterlooville 06.02.21 [FAT5]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Didn't watch, was it an improvement on the last time we played them?

Disappointing to read that the fringe players who must be desperate to impress to try and force themselves into the starting XI for league games seemingly didn't.

Still another positive result which keeps morale in the camp high and this very good run going for another game.
    Wolfe I thought was decent but faded. Chicksen was poor and was subbed.. Thought Barnett was ok. JOB just seems to run around a lot without offering much else and Turner I thought looked shaky every time he tried to play out and just hoofed in whenever he didn't try to play out.

We were pants. We won. It's over. Thank goodness.

Next!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Next!
    That's pretty much it

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Next!
    Yebbut we weren't pants, (As in the American meaning), with any sort of flair. More like drainpipes, very narrow and ordinary.
    Last edited by countygump; 06-02-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Wolfe I thought was decent but faded. Chicksen was poor and was subbed.. Thought Barnett was ok. JOB just seems to run around a lot without offering much else and Turner I thought looked shaky every time he tried to play out and just hoofed in whenever he didn't try to play out.
    Pretty much agree with that. Wolfe is much more positive than Reeves and I think he would be a good call with Doyle alongside him.
    Their first goal was ridiculous as it was a clear foul on our player...that changed the game for a while really. Rueben should have sealed it at the end too.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Yebbut we weren't pants, (As in the American meaning) with any sort of flair. More like drainpipes, very narrow and ordinary.
    Miller was a bit disappointing in a more advanced role. Same as Walker when he was here. These tactics under this manager have a knack of making attacking players look poor.

I'd really like us to win this competition. Why? Because what the hell else are we ever going to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Total tosh from Tsannho, who is a member of the inner circle of the Ardley club
    Only my opinions of course. It wasn’t a free flowing display by any stretch, but given the line up and lack of match time they’ve had I thought they applied themselves pretty well.

For anyone to say that we were lucky, fortunate or that Havent were the better team are far more baffling comments to me, but they are just opinions too.

The only facts are that we played a 2nd string team and lineup, we outplayed and performed a team in a lower division than us....I’m confident the stats will support this...and that we won the game of football and are now in the quarter finals of the cup!

Happy days, no? I enjoyed the game anyway 👍

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... Turner should never again play for NCFC ...
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Only my opinions of course. It wasn’t a free flowing display by any stretch, but given the line up and lack of match time they’ve had I thought they applied themselves pretty well.

For anyone to say that we were lucky, fortunate or that Havent were the better team are far more baffling comments to me, but they are just opinions too.

The only facts are that we played a 2nd string team and lineup, we outplayed and performed a team in a lower division than us....I’m confident the stats will support this...and that we won the game of football and are now in the quarter finals of the cup!

Happy days, no? I enjoyed the game anyway ��
    Stallard: 'There has been some good, some bad. Notts are trying to play it out from the back but are losing possession and putting themselves under pressure.'
    Sums up Ardley,s style of play negative and defensive, plays the same no matter who the opposition are

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleeno View Post
    With 5.5 for an average performance:
    6 for the goalscorers/penalty takers
    6 for Pilling
    5 for the rest
    I would half that 5 for Chicksen , then half it again.

......and I'm being generous.
    Last edited by Ayeayeskipper; 06-02-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast