+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I will start corrected if someone shows evidence to contradict what Warne said in the article or that Tonge has actually taken any coaching sessions - particularly before the Everton game.
    How much coaching does it take to say that you are defending to high Paul just drop back 15 yards and you will see the sytem works better that way. The point I am making is that if (which it looks like did) Warny took notice of that little bit of advice and he and his staff put that in to their coaching routine then Dale would have been the factor that changed the system we now play with nothing other than a little bit of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    How much coaching does it take to say that you are defending to high Paul just drop back 15 yards and you will see the sytem works better that way. The point I am making is that if (which it looks like did) Warny took notice of that little bit of advice and he and his staff put that in to their coaching routine then Dale would have been the factor that changed the system we now play with nothing other than a little bit of advice.
    How do you know Tonge said we should drop off 15 yard?

You don't. You have no way of knowing one way or the other.

For what its worth. The biggest change we made after switching to 352 was second half vs Watford on 8th Dec (and said it at the time on the match thread). Performances have slowly improved since then.

The biggest influence on performance over the last 2 months has come through increased confidence.

Let's put it like this....when we lose 2 or 3 in a row certain people on here will be back taking the piss out of Warne for being too nice,tactically inept,out of his depth etc.
    FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Let's put it like this....when we lose 2 or 3 in a row certain people on here will be back taking the piss out of Warne for being too nice,tactically inept,out of his depth etc.
    FACT.
    Well, those facts apart, lol

For what its worth. The biggest change we made after switching to 352 was second half vs Watford on 8th Dec (and said it at the time on the match thread). Performances have slowly improved since then.

The biggest influence on performance over the last 2 months has come through increased confidence.
    Yes, and fewer square pegs in round holes

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...i think we'll always struggle in this league, but maybe "struggle" a bit higher up around 17th/18th.

We will always be the poor relations down the street, but we can upset a lot of rich relations who think they're better....UTM.
    Why must we always struggle? why must we always be the poor relations? I think the lack of ambition within RUFC is mirrored by your comments avondale. Why fans are happy to be safe and snug forever yoyo-ing between the lower divisions is beyond me. As a lifelong supporter of the Millers I would have just loved to have seen the promised land . Smaller towns than us have achieved it, yes, some have fallen by the wayside but others have survived.

Id dispute that we were defending too high. The problem we had when we switched to 3 at the back was defending to deep. The picture is first half vs Watford (see picture - same at Cov the game before). We could not get pressure on the ball.

The big change we made Second half was to defend much higher up the pitch and got back to our high press high pressure game.

Id dispute that we were defending too high. The problem we had when we switched to 3 at the back was defending to deep. The picture is first half vs Watford (see picture - same at Cov the game before). We could not get pressure on the ball.

The big change we made Second half was to defend much higher up the pitch and got back to our high press high pressure game.
    Yes, that’s my view too, we were too deep, inviting the opposition on to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, that’s my view too, we were too deep, inviting the opposition on to us.
    Agree

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast