+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Heresy!

“IF” he keeps us up?

Or even jeeps us up, he can use a knackered camel for me
    Hoof springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    One best managers in rotherhan history.

If you think it's his fault why we are in a relegation zone than your a idiot.

He is doing brilliant
    Who’s to blame then?
    Are you going to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Who’s to blame then?
    Jamal for going walkabout vs Millwall at home
    Billy Jones for giving away a late penalty at Birmingham when winning
    Angus for scoring a last minute own goal at home to Huddersfield when winning
    Angus getting sent off at home to Norwich
    Ihiekwe scoring an own goal at home to Norwich when winning
    Conceding a last minute penalty (Jozefzoon, I think) at home to Norwich when drawing
    The ref not noticing a clear handball on the line when losing at Swansea with a few minutes to play
    The ref adding more and more and more time on at Blackburn and them scoring in the 98th minute to win
    Playing Barnsley with loads of players out and the only ones available having one day of training in 10 days due to the first covid outbreak
    Wes switching off late on against Cardiff at home and they score an 85th minute winner
    Freddie missing the ball completely when 6 yards out against Forest at home when losing 1-0
    Smudge missing the penalty at Millwall when losing 1-0
    Wiles missing a near open goal at Huddersfield when drawing
    Defenders not blocking out Ostigaard and allowing a free header on Thursday when drawing
    2 covid outbreaks putting huge pressure on the squad in terms of their physical health, their physical ability to play loads of games in such a short space of time and their mental durability
    Games being postponed due to adverse weather, further adding to the pileup
    Having a significantly lower budget than the majority of teams in the league, making it tougher to buy players with the necessary quality and pay them competitive wages. Therefore relying on players who are at their limit in terms of footballing ability in the league system

I counted 17 points lost from all the individual errors above. And no this is not me calling out any players, just highlighting that we are here for a number of reasons. I challenge anyone to blame PW for all those errors.

We are where we are due to individual errors, missed chances, own goals, red cards, switching off, penalties conceded, penalties missed when we take them, referees making poor decisions. Add to that PW has made some tactical and team selection decisions that, at times, many of us have disagreed with. Rightly or wrongly, we will never know but of course he hasn't got every call right. Nobody does. Should we voice when we think someone else should play or when we think a tactical approach is wrong? Of course. Should we blame one man for being where we are in the league? Don't be ludicrous.

Life isn't always about finding someone to blame. We have a team that make good and bad footballing decisions on the pitch, in the tactics meetings, in the boardroom, in the scouting department. No one person is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I counted 17 points lost from all the individual errors above. And no this is not me calling out any players, just highlighting that we are here for a number of reasons. I challenge anyone to blame PW for all those errors.

We are where we are due to individual errors, missed chances, own goals, red cards, switching off, penalties conceded, penalties missed when we take them, referees making poor decisions. Add to that PW has made some tactical and team selection decisions that, at times, many of us have disagreed with. Rightly or wrongly, we will never know but of course he hasn't got every call right. Nobody does. Should we voice when we think someone else should play or when we think a tactical approach is wrong? Of course. Should we blame one man for being where we are in the league? Don't be ludicrous.

Life isn't always about finding someone to blame. We have a team that make good and bad footballing decisions on the pitch, in the tactics meetings, in the boardroom, in the scouting department. No one person is to blame.
    You misunderstand the nature of management. All unsuccessful managers can point to a litany of mishaps and errors, injuries and decisions, outside their control. They still get sacked because that is the consequence of being in charge. The buck stops here.

I cannot see Tony Stewart without thinking of the old song:

"Good old Tony Stewart he had 10,000 fans,
    He took them up to the Championship but took them down again.
    And when they were up they were bad
    And when they were down they were sad
    And when they were neither up nor down
    I think they were rather glad."

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I cannot see Tony Stewart without thinking of the old song:

"Good old Tony Stewart he had 10,000 fans,
    He took them up to the Championship but took them down again.
    And when they were up they were bad
    And when they were down they were sad
    And when they were neither up nor down
    I think they were rather glad."

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    You misunderstand the nature of management. All unsuccessful managers can point to a litany of mishaps and errors, injuries and decisions, outside their control. They still get sacked because that is the consequence of being in charge. The buck stops here.
    Alternatively you misunderstand the nature of management. Perhaps Tony Stewart appreciates the reality of football and that those individual errors are beyond the control of the manager and therefore he shouldn't be punished for them. Perhaps he realises that PW does everything possible to put us in the best position to win games and that given a better rub of the green (fewer individual errors etc) we would be in a far stronger position due to the way we have been assembled and managed. It is a collective effort.

The answer isn't always 'just sack the manager'. Football is so entrenched with that but good on TS for being one of the few who resist the managerial merry-go-round.

Statistically, he has some way to go to claim the "greatest" manager in our history award.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast